Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Serf

Default Newbie here, getting started!!

Hi Guys,

Great forum! I have been wrestling with the idea for a pizza oven for a long time and have finally taken the plunge.

After reading about Rado's design and then reading all the info on the round pizza oven I have decided to go with the round build.

My slab is wide enough ( almost 70 inches ) but it is only about 40-44 inches deep. I would like to maximize and get the biggest cooking space as I can obviously which leads me to my questions.
Would it be possible to get a 36 inch oven given these dimensions??
My firebricks are 13.5 inches long by 2.5 high and 4.5 wide. Would it be possible to cut them into 4 equal pieces and have the wall thickness at 3 inches rather than the 4.5 inches???

any suggestions?
Other questions to follow
Old 09-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Newbie here, getting started!!

Hey there and Welcome to the forum from Texas.
I have to admit i am not familiar with Rado's build, first off. Could you post a picture of your oven site? It would really help in answering your questions on the size. I am not sure if you are referring to the slab base or the oven base on the size question and the orientation of the oven is important as well. As far as the brick, you could use 1/3 size bricks, but you will give up valuable mass that is necessary to hold the heat required for cooking temperatures. Do you know the specs of the bricks?
Texman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.