Old 11-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Peasant

Default Mortar soldier course?

All,
I will be ready to mortar my soldier course tomorrow. Should I mortar between the bottom of the soldier and the floor for added stability from downward force of the dome or is direct contact with the floor the prefered way to go? My soldier is a full size vertical brick with a 22 deg. bevel cut for the next course
Any insight would be of great help.
Thanks

John

Last edited by JAG; 11-01-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mortar soldier course?

I don't think most people mortar their soldier bricks down.

I didn't.

The theory behind not doing so(me thinks), is to allow for the expansion and contraction of the dome.

I hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 11-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Mortar soldier course?

I mortared mine down,but my wall floor and oven floor are two seperate bodies.