Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Archena

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Serf

Default Mobile Oven Build

Hi all , I'm new to the site and in the planning stages of building our oven.We have a friend willing to build us a heavy duty steel stand for our planned pompeii oven.Not sure approximately how much it'll weigh.I plan on a 36"-42" oven. This oven will be up on our deck.I am also wondering if anyone else has this type of setup ? Thanks in advance for any ideas or direction you may have for me !
Old 01-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mobile Oven Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosGregory View Post
......Not sure approximately how much it'll weigh.I plan on a 36"-42" oven. This oven will be up on our deck..... !
What type of deck do you have? Depending on the answer, you may want to build it stationary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I know some people have had the oven adjacent to the deck instead - that way it has its own supports (now, how it's attached to the house/deck would also seem to be a concern). Personally, I'd worry most about the house/deck connection when putting an oven on a deck - if that's not strong enough the whole deck will come down.
Gulf likes this.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 06-15-2014, 05:27 AM
Peasant

You might wish to look here (Mobile Pompeii - Not for the purists) for a build on a metal stand. It works for me