Old 04-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Serf

Default installing Toscana 90 on a slab granite countertop

Hi. New here and am hoping to order the pre-assembled Toscana 90 and place it on custom welded stand with a slab granite top. I have been told that the oven comes on a pallet and that there is really no good way to get it off that pallet before placing it in it's final location. Anybody out there willing to share their pre-assembled Toscana experiences? How do I deal with the pallet? Is it possible to place the oven on the granite relatively accurately and gently enough not to damage the stone? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Greenback
Old 04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Serf

Default Re: installing Toscana 90 on a slab granite countertop

Hi,
I too had the same exact question about the shipping crate and the piece of wood beneath the oven. My Mason feels that a piece of wood should NOT be beneath oven, as it will rot and may warp the base. How to take the wood out before placing the oven on the masonry platform? I called fornobravo Customer service, but as of today, have not heard a response. A techician came on the phone and suggested using 2 forklifts. However, I'm not a contractor and just to get 1 forklift to my home to off load the oven is costing $400. I feel that there should be some built in recess in the base of the oven to allow a forklift to lift oven off of plywood base on pallet, but what do I know?
If anyone has a solution to this, please post a reply.