Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Serf

Default Indoor oven venting

Hello

I am planning a home theater / game room / pub area in my daylight basement and would love to have a wood fired pizza oven so of course I have a few questions.

Nearly all of the indoor pictures I have seen have what appears to be a vent hood of some kind above the oven opening. Is this for any smoke that may leak out during lighting? Is this tied to the flue or a separate fan/exhaust path?

The top 18" of my basement walls are above ground so I was thinking of running the flue out the wall near the ceiling, then a T with cleanout outside then a vertical pipe outside. Has anyone done anything similar? Or any other ideas for a basement flue?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Indoor oven venting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
Is this tied to the flue or a separate fan/exhaust path?
Hi Jeff.
I assume it would be separate as tying into a flue higher up would make the flue not draw properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Moderator 2

Hi Jeff

I would check with your local building code inspector to see what you need for something like that? as with our indoor pizza ovens the require a double wall chimney and you can also get an elbow chimney pipe as well if you needed it.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Journeyman

Burning solid fuel code will require a class A vent. This can be a manufactured system like REE REE B mentions or a custom welded system built to the proper specs which will include 3" of fire wrap.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by REE REE B View Post
Hi Jeff

I would check with your local building code inspector to see what you need for something like that? as with our indoor pizza ovens the require a double wall chimney and you can also get an elbow chimney pipe as well if you needed it.
Thanks
Are you talking about the duratech stainless pipe or the black double wall pipe?

I have the outside chimney figured out, now it's just a matter of figuring out the inside pipe.

I sent an email and called and left a message for the county so hopefully I hear back soon.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
Thanks
Are you talking about the duratech stainless pipe or the black double wall pipe?

I have the outside chimney figured out, now it's just a matter of figuring out the inside pipe.

I sent an email and called and left a message for the county so hopefully I hear back soon.
Youll need stainless as anything less will rot out in no time.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Serf

Thanks, that's what I thought.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Serf

Looks like I need a 90 degree elbow, but I can only find 30 degree elbows in stainless.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

90 Degrees is bad for a chimney, 45 is good 30 is better, you just need more pieces.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Serf

Has anyone used the Duravent DVL pipe? It's stainless on the inside and galvanized on the outside.