Old 02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Serf

Default How to vent indoor oven?

Can anyone advise me of the specifics required to vent the oven so it doesn't smoke up the house.We anticipate installing it in the kitchen as part of our major house remodel. Is stainless steel chimney pipe required ? Is an exhaust fan required and if so is that a rootop installation? Any recommendations on what type/brand of exhaust fan if one is required? Any sense of materials costs? We have a single story house with a low pitch roof so chimney height would be about 20 ft.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: How to vent indoor oven?

If I had natural gas, I wouldn't even consider wood fired. That completely removes the smoke issue from the picture.

If no NG is available, and exhaust fan is probably required. Your local Building Department will have the final say, so I would talk to them first.

-
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Master Builder

I visited a newly opened cafe in Sac that features a wood fired oven. They used an exaust fan similar to ones I've seen over grills and french friers in restaurants. When I asked the pizza cook about it, he said that is what the building department required. Again, better chat them up. But I think it is a great idea. I would love to have one in my kitchen. I kinda have room but the stove would have to go. And because I'm married, I had to settle for the back yard or garage.

dusty
Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dusty,
Me too. 6 grand plush shipping and installation me give up the plan. If I was building a house, it might be different, but retro-fitting an oven would be expensive.

-