Old 03-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Got the bricks and ready to go again

I have been renovating our investment rental house and needed to get some appropriate bricks to re-brick the demolished fireplace in the lounge room, (the original owner had it removed and replaced wit an oil heater).
No firebricks available so I found 280 high fired (at 1200˚C) clay pavers, 70mm thick and collected them this afternoon. The fire will be in a specially constructed steel grille so I don't expect any degridation of the bricks.
I will use around 50 in the fireplace leaving around 200+ for my next oven. I might even build one for the new tenants.

Neill

Oops, forgot the pic!
Attached Thumbnails
Got the bricks and ready to go again-picture-2.jpg  

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nissanneill; 03-03-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Got the bricks and ready to go again

Neill, I have said it before. You are a man after my own heart. ALWAYS have a project going.
Finishing up nearly 500 sq. of floor tile for my daughter, then FINALLY on to my WFO waterproofing renovation (only about 2 months behind schedule due the "other projects").

RT
Old 03-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Got the bricks and ready to go again

RT,
I know what it is to be busy. I now have almost finished the investment house, painting and re decorating throughout. It is now 12:15am and I just got home. Another full day tomorrow and ready for the new tenants. Brick paving Sat and Sunday, tiling and refit of a laundry trough Monday (although it is a public holiday here) and the list goes on and on.
I downloaded the plans for a Rumsford open fireplace last night as I need to redo the gutted open fireplace in the house. The brickie lecturer that was building Hendo's oven will be called upon to see that I get it right.
Right now, I am absolutely buggered, so a hot soak in the bath to wash away all those aches and pains, and a few hours sleep should see me through.
Will keep you posted.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway