Forno on a Trailer Q
Im planning to build an oven on a trailer (for catering and events) with a cooking surface diameter = 90 or 100cm with the following characteristics:
1. Light overall weight (it should be as light as possible)
2. Outer Size (should be as thin as possible)
3. Reach pizza heat very fast ( and retains heat for a long time)
Considering that, i have the following Q:
- what is the cooking surface size (diameter) recommended? 90 - 100 - 110?
- whats the minimum thickness of the hearth insulation? (regarding insulating heat effectively & keep the oven floor at the right temp)
- is it possible to use the insulation ceramic blanket for the hearth & place the cooking surface directly on top? instead of vermiculite boards or vermiculite cement mix?
- how thick should the cooking surface fire bricks be (minimum thickness)?
- im thinking of using 3cm thick bricks.
- how thick should the oven walls and dome fire bricks be (minimum thickness)?
- do they have to be the same thickness as the oven cooking surface, or it doesn't matter?
- what should the internal dome height be for each of 3 different sizes (90 - 100 - 110)
- How thick should the thermal layer be for both the side walls and dome?
- whats the minimum thickness of the dome insulation if im going to use the ceramic blanket?
im going with an igloo design for the external covering
* i came across this idea the other day, insulating the oven dome or even the hearth by using "HEAT CERAMIC INSULATION PAINT" with a layer thickness of around 10mm.
- What do you thick, will it do the job?
really appreciate your professional advice, comments and opinion on my idea and the listen questions.
Last edited by southpaw; 02-16-2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: changes
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Forno Bravo Door||james||Design Styles, Chimneys and Finish||24||04-14-2014 02:36 AM|
|Steel Dome Oven On A Trailer||Grimaldi||Getting Started||34||02-28-2011 12:44 PM|
|The Internet and Forno Bravo||CanuckJim||Chit Chat||4||11-26-2008 07:40 AM|
|Portable Forno Bravo Wood-Fired Ovens||TheFireWithin||Commercial Pizza Ovens||0||06-09-2007 01:50 PM|
|Forno Bravo Showroom||james||Introductions||2||10-20-2006 08:12 AM|
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC