Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Peasant

Default Flue dimensions

Hi and sorry if this has been asked before but I am asking those who have completed a 36 inch dome oven 'What size flue did you use - 6 or 8 inch, and what length is it? Also, are you happy with the performance of smoke draw and if you could would you change it to a different size? Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to decide what flue size to use on my oven to achieve the best performance.

Regards

Dave
Old 05-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Flue dimensions

36", 8", 4'. The excellent draw on my oven also benefits from what I consider to be a good smoke chamber design. Instead of a hole cut in the top of an otherwise unaltered arch, my arch and vent are shaped like an inverted funnel, with steep sloping sides and a vertical front and rear wall. The steep sides permit air (smoke) to "find its way" upward and the wall at the front acts as a barrier to smoke that would otherwise easily escape out the entrance.

Check out my build thread or my website for zillions of photos of my arch and vent design.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 05-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Peasant

Default Re: Flue dimensions

Hi Kebwi

Thanks for the reply. Great photos on your website of your build - very neat brick work. I like your flue design and now regretting not tapering the first brick up on my build more, although the smoke chamber is a reasonable size which I will taper to the flue as it is being made out of stainless steel. I will more than likely go with the 8" flue.

Appreciate the response.

Regards

Dave