Old 05-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Peasant

Default Dome Size advice

I have a 60 x 60 inch concrete stand in the corner of my patio. My patio has a brick knee wall all the way around it's perimeter. Currently the knee wall only comes half way up the stand. I plan on adding more courses to the knee wall and two more walls to enclose the stand and oven, effectively making the stand 71 x 71 inches outside to outside measurement. What is the largest size Pompeii style oven (non corner install) that I can put on the stand? iI would like to to at least 3 inches of extra cladding and use 2-3 inches of FB blanket on the dome, finishing by filling the enclosure with vermiculite. The enclosure will have a gable type roof. Thanks for any comments, suggestions, or ideas in advance
Old 06-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Serf

Default Re: Dome Size advice

Just like jeffrorrt, I too am starting up my outdoor pizza oven project myself. I have a 48x48 inch base, any info on recommendations on dome diameters and sizes would be much appreciated!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Apprentice

I suggest a 42" oven. NCMan told me that he'd sent his IT to you...that came from me, and previous to that, from Kurtloup! Best wishes on your build.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Link to my pictures

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Peasant

Thanks! Check out my progress under New build in SW Arizona

Jarod Kintz

My Build

Old 08-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Journeyman

If you have a stand and want to build a dome, here's a quick calculator:

- the oven walls are normally 4.5 inches thick so that is 9 inches total
- you'll want at least 3-4 inches of insulation. Let's say 4 so that is 8 for both sides
- you need some kind of enclosure, let's say that is 1 inch thick so 2 inches all together.
- In total that is (9+8+2=19 inches)

So the max dome size you can have is x-19, where x is the base size.

For a 48 inch stand this gives a 29 inch oven
For a 71 inch stand this gives a 52 inch oven - way bigger than you will ever need!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Peasant

Thanks B,
I went wih a 39 inch
Jeff

Jarod Kintz

My Build