Old 01-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Serf

Default Delivery

I apologize if this a lenghty post ;
Last night at 7;30 my casa2g90 was delivered in the Dark. FB states that I am to inspect before carrier has left , otherwise they are not responsible for damage, however the carrier would not stay . He stated his empoloyer instructed to deliver and thats it . I did talk him into staying for for at least a few minutes. The Crate top was not screwed in , and the oven was set up as if it is placed on the stand. I took off all the insulating blanket , and there was the oven . All looked ok , however I could not inspect anywhere else. There is no way I can left these peices to inpsect.
I called FB at 7:30 eastern time and no answer , Left a message. I am wondering is the flue and morter in the dome ? I could not inspect the floor tile either.

There is also another statement that states "please examine all the contents of you delivery as soon as possible after receipt and inform us within 10 Days if any items are missing , incorrect of damaged." This statement contradicts the 1st Statement.

I am wondering has anyone else been through this inspection issue at Delivery ? I appreaciate your time in reading this post . Vincenz
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Delivery

Little late now but. If the driver won't allow you to inspect your goods don't sign the BOL (bill of lading) Or better yet make a note on the BOL that the driver refused to allow you to inspect for damages at the time of delivery. Make sure you get a copy with the drivers signature.

Hopefully all is well
Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Delivery

They are not contradictory, the first is to check for damage caused by the carrier (and Faith has that called correct), the second is for error on FB's part.