Old 07-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Serf

Default concrete slab for mobile oven

I had a fabricator build me a trailer, and I plan to install a casa2g100 on it. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what type of cement I should use for my slab? It will be sitting on corrugated decking that is welded inside an angle iron frame. thanks for your help.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Serf

Default Re: concrete slab for mobile oven

Seriously, no help from anyone?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

When I built mine I was concerned about weight for the supporting slab, so I used aerated concrete (Hebel) to save weight. The product has steel reinforcing cast into it and because there is so much air in it then it also doubles as the floor insulation. A reinforced concrete slab is really heavy. You will need to make sure that the weight matches the axle and spring capacity.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:27 AM

I usually don't comment on mobile oven issues, out of complete and total ignorance, but I'm not sure you need a concrete slab at all in this application.

Since you're planning on buying a Casa, why not ask the good folks at FB for their recommendation?.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Peasant

Wouldn't you just need to put insulation board under it? I don't see the reasoning for a slab of concrete.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Serf

My theory is the concrete slab will be a good binding agent to seal the precast dome into place with mortar. Otherwise, what will keep it from moving? What I have is a frame made out of angle iron with corrugated steel decking welded inside it to pour my slab on. This should reduce some weight and dispose of the need for re-bar. I am trying to find a cement mix that is not as prone to cracking as most are. I found some space age flexible self healing cement that is not on the market. If anyone has a lead on this or knows how to use additives to reduce cracking that would be great.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:33 AM
Peasant

Try emailing this guy, his name is Jay Jerrier. He has a very successful mobile business.

This is his site. Il Cane Rosso
Old 07-22-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
I found some space age flexible self healing cement
If it's flexible, doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the slab? I think most successful mobile ovens are modular ovens on a metal support structure. I think trying to mimic the rigidity of a stationary mount is doomed to failure.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Serf

I am doing the exact same thing, but i just put the insultaing board on durarock on the bottom of the steel pallet. the built the casa 100 and poured concrete around the build to lock it in. works great! also pallet is mounted on trailer with motor mounts for some shock absorption. also is able to be taken off trailer if needed.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabsey View Post
I am doing the exact same thing, but i just put the insultaing board on durarock on the bottom of the steel pallet. the built the casa 100 and poured concrete around the build to lock it in. works great! also pallet is mounted on trailer with motor mounts for some shock absorption. also is able to be taken off trailer if needed.
You got a picture? I'd love to see it