Old 04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Serf

Default Chimney or no chimney

I'm hoping to build a bread/pizza oven in my back yard. After reading many postings, I've switched to a circular design. My next big question is: should I make a chimney or not?

One baker I know in Vermont said not to bother, in fact best not to have one as it just lost heat. But I was planning on a barrel-shaped oven at that time -- and I also had no plans for pizza, just bread. But now I want to do it all! And have changed to a round design. And can't figure out whether or not to build a chimney into the front of it. Any advice? Stories? Experience with both?

Forgive me if there has already been much discussion on this matter. Just direct me to it -- I'm new to this forum business and wasn't able to find anything posted.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Chimney or no chimney

Pipittenger,

Download the free plans from Forno Bravo:
Brick Oven Plans | Build an Italian Brick Oven

Follow the plans for guaranteed success

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Chimney or no chimney

We covered this just yesterday:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/chimney-6333.html (chimney)

Yes, you want a chimney. And welcome, and good luck with your project.