Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Peasant

Default Any ideas 4 placing verticle rebar in slab

I'm just about ready to pour slab - any ideas on how to perfectly place verticle rebar comming out of slab? I don't want to have to cut rebar because i didn't place properly.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Any ideas 4 placing verticle rebar in slab

I put screws on the outside of the forms to line up with where the outside of my blocks were going to be. Then I test - stacked some blocks so I could measure the distance from the outside corners to the holes. Then, when I poured the slab, while the concrete was still wet I put strings across the aforementioned screws (which told me the exact outside of my blocks) and measured from there where to push the rebars into the wet concrete.

The key rebars are the corner, I figure, and those are the easiest to figure out. I put extras along the walls, just in case. I also put one either side of the wood door (hey - rebar is cheap.

I had to bend a couple rebars once I stacked the blocks, but it worked perfectly.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Any ideas 4 placing verticle rebar in slab

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrycooper View Post
I'm just about ready to pour slab - any ideas on how to perfectly place verticle rebar comming out of slab? I don't want to have to cut rebar because i didn't place properly.
If you miss a little you can always nick the block and bend the rebar to get it to align to the core. You are pouring that core full anyway and a nick in the block will not matter.

Just be sure not to be to the inside or outside to far, that is hard to fix. But easy to determine.

Chip

Last edited by mrchipster; 10-04-2011 at 07:38 AM.