Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Serf

Default 42" Pompeii Enclosed Build

Gulf told me to get off the bbq site and over here to FB so you guys could keep me from messing this build up!

I have started building my WFO, going with a 42" Pompeii style oven that will be housed in an enclosed structure. Planning on 2" of ceramic fiberboard underneath the cooking floor, not sure on the insulation around the dome, possibly filling up the enclosure with vermiculite or perlite?

Interior height of 21", door opening height of 13.25" and width of 21". I will be using medium duty fire brick 9"x4.5"x2.5" for dome, floor and arches. Probably just go with a stainless double wall exhaust since it will all be enclosed.

Anyway without further babbling from me, he is the start:

Drilled some holes into my current patio and pinned some rebar shorts in, next I added my rebar grid and wire tied everything together.

Here we are about 1/3 of the way through the concrete pour.

Pour finished, my two little helpers were excited to leave their marks on this project.

And here we have the pad after about 36 hours, while I am waiting for it to cure before I build the block walls I thought I would get a template made and start stacking the block close by.

Plan to erect the walls towards the end of this week and then pour concrete this weekend for the cavities and hearth slab.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 42" Pompeii Enclosed Build

Just, until you get "bonified" . Here is a link back to your op (over there) for some pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I hope that I got this in the right order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speers90 View Post
Gulf told me to get off the bbq site and over here to FB so you guys could keep me from messing this build up!

I have started building my WFO, going with a 42" Pompeii style oven that will be housed in an enclosed structure. Planning on 2" of ceramic fiberboard underneath the cooking floor, not sure on the insulation around the dome, possibly filling up the enclosure with vermiculite or perlite?

Interior height of 21", door opening height of 13.25" and width of 21". I will be using medium duty fire brick 9"x4.5"x2.5" for dome, floor and arches. Probably just go with a stainless double wall exhaust since it will all be enclosed.

Anyway without further babbling from me, he is the start:

Drilled some holes into my current patio and pinned some rebar shorts in, next I added my rebar grid and wire tied everything together.

Here we are about 1/3 of the way through the concrete pour.

Pour finished, my two little helpers were excited to leave their marks on this project.

And here we have the pad after about 36 hours, while I am waiting for it to cure before I build the block walls I thought I would get a template made and start stacking the block close by.

Plan to erect the walls towards the end of this week and then pour concrete this weekend for the cavities and hearth slab.
Like over there, folks over here like "eye candy". Keep posting, making comments, and asking questions. I'm not sure when, but soon you will be able to post pics yourself. Try one of the sites like photobucket. I use that for some pics. Though, Picasa is my favorite.
speers90 likes this.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sounds like a plan to me. Unless I was planning on making 20" pizzas, though, I would narrow the door to 18 or 19 inches.
speers90 likes this.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Sounds like a plan to me. Unless I was planning on making 20" pizzas, though, I would narrow the door to 18 or 19 inches.
Thanks, I would guess most pizzas would be in the 10"-12" range so that definitely makes sense.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I hope that I got this in the right order.
3 out of 4 ain't bad, thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Serf

Out of curiosity does anyone know if my local FB dealer will stock or can get the Pompeii 110 Oven Kit?

The reason I ask is that the price inquiries I've done so far for firebrick (bought locally), 2" ceramic fiber board, blanket dome installation, etc... and I am just about at the asking price for the Pompeii 110 Oven kit. If my local dealer stocks it or can get it, maybe I will save myself the hassle of tracking down all the separate parts and pieces.

Definitely open to suggestions.

I am planning to stop by my local FB dealers shop Friday afternoon to take a look around at the various FB products and accessories that I will eventually need.

Last edited by speers90; 08-13-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added
Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Freight is a bitch.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Freight is a bitch.
Yeah, I just re-read the info. I mistakenly assumed that my local dealer would have inventory of the products for sale at the same price as listed online.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I hope this OK Ryan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by speers90 View Post
Finally got around to dry stacking my block and getting the rebar all laid out.

Planning on getting the next pour finished this weekend.
You seem to be moving right along. I just wanted folks over here, to see what you've got going on, until you can post pics. Keep posting, making comments, and that will be very soon .

Last edited by Gulf; 08-18-2014 at 10:07 PM.