Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Serf

Default Pizza Napoletana

I have made this crust about three times now and, overall, I love it. I keep having the same problem with my technique though and I need some help (incidentally I have the same problem when I bake pain a l'ancienne). All recipes are from BBA. My crumb WILL NOT open up and while the product is open and light I cannot,for the life of me, get the blistered, open bubbles in the finish that it needs to have. You know, like in a good Ciabatta. I follow the recipes exactly and the dough passes the window pane test with perfection ... bbbbuuuuttttt.... No "joy in Bean Town"! A man of my age should have his inadequacy's in check but I am definitely suffering from crumb failure! PETER, please help a brother out!!!!

Posting Rules