Old 11-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Laborer

Default what to cook for a sunday lunch?

well its that time off the year when its too hot to cook inside and you need to work in the yard just about every weekend to get on top off the summer rains

what's your idea off a nice meal ie roast, pizza or just something for lunch/dinner in the wfo

post your idea's off what you like to do and recipe's as well

today the 28/11 im cooking a doing a creamy chicken caserol nothing hard realy just a set and forget style but im using a tagine for something different and throw in a heap off herbs
Old 11-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wink Re: what to cook for a sunday lunch?

Today I'm planning a coupla roast chooks, there already the marinated type so no more work there. My Mums ( compulsive collecter of kitchen gagets) has given us a large heavy based roasting dish with a rack inside. Nestle the birds add water to the bottom. All the good bits should drip to the bottom and should make a good gravy. Add to that the usual asortment of vegies well thats the plan

Regards
Dave

Mums going to add a bread and butter pudding tho she doesnt know it yet

Last edited by cobblerdave; 11-27-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: what to cook for a sunday lunch?

TA DA...................

what to cook for a sunday lunch?-chooks.jpg

Didnt get my bread and butter pudding though

DAVE
Old 11-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Laborer

nice dave your a real jamie oliver there mate

i better get the camera out for next weekend for some pic's
Old 11-29-2010, 04:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks nice Dave!!

I have been doing chickens regularly - along with roast veg and even an apple pie (yesterday). The trick with chickens I have found is to cover them with foil completely and cook for about an hour. Remove foil, add a quick burning piece of wood and crispen the meat - rotating it at about 7 minute intervals until completely browned. Do the same with the veg to make a tasty meal. I always select a free range chicken for an extra tasty end result.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

One of my favourites is cup mushrooms with the stalks removed, then filled with a little bacon and feta cheese topped with a drizzle of v olive oil and balsamic glaze. You can cook these in a low baking dish at any temp. just wait for the feta to melt and the mushrooms will be perfect. If you select mushrooms about 35mm diam they are excellent to eat in one bite. Hmm think I'll light my oven now, typing this is making me hungry.
Dave
Old 12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

A nice lamb roast with spuds etc, hmm delish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Master Builder

Don't mean to crash your Australian forum. But you are talking of the hot temperatures and your cooking is plain outstanding. It give me real inspiration for the summer so far away.

Yesterday I was thinking about you. The weather man forecast a cold but nice day on Sunday. So Thursday I started to build my sourdough starter for a Sunday bake. Well come Saturday in comes snow and wind. I'm committed at this point with my bread.

So Sunday while you are baking that scrumptious looking food I was out in -6 degree Celsius in the dark with hard blowing snow with little snow tornadoes loading bread in the oven before it froze or blew away.

Don't take me wrong it was still great fun and an adventure but I was still thinking of you and your Sunday cooking in the warm sun.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sorry, hate to break this to you but were just coming out of 12 years of drought. The bigger the drought the bigger the rains the old timers say...
Here in Manly west Brisbane I have poured out 90mm (3 and 1/2 inches) out of the rain gauge for the week to Sat evening. Sat night and Sun another 100mm (4 inches).
Wet wood Wet oven...... No Go in the cooking dept. Well at least its warm
26 C. (80 F) so I've giving up wearing shoes as much as possible to prevent the pile up at the back landing of wet shoes....

regards Dave
Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Laborer

Brickie, did you roast that leg of lamb on the rack as shown in the picture - over the veggies? If so, did you add the veggies part way through? Looks fantastic.

Karl