Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Apprentice

Thumbs up Wfo tools

Greetings all. AHHH!! the first day of spring and the sun has finally decided to grace us. Just about to head out and mix the first batch of mortar for over two months and will hopefully finally get the ninth course done.

As the end draws nearer, as does my birthday, the boss (read wife) wants to get me the tools for the oven. Any recommedations of suppliers, particularly in Adelaide. I guess looking for starter set to start with, son is happy to make tools, but at the moment he doesnt have the opportunity(read time) to make them, so I want something that will kick start the pizza making.

Cheers

Craig
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Wfo tools

This guy is in Queensland ,it looks good but Exxy
Tool Prices ~ Order Online ~ Purchase Information ~ Wood Fired Oven Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Wfo tools

Hi Craig,
there's a kitchen supply crowd in Gouger St just behind the law courts and besides the Central Market that has a good range of gear and quite reasonably priced.. Hope they are still there as I haven't been in there for a couple of years, but well worth a drive past. Next time I'm down at Gagganis I'll check as they have heaps of kitchen tools , BBQ's and everything that you can poke a stick at including pizza trays!

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Apprentice

Thanks Neill and Tropical Coasting. Ill check out the place near the markets when I next get into town. TC the tools in Qld look fantastic, though perhaps a bit pricey. I also came across a gumtree ad for Tools made in Adelaide

http://http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/happy-valley/backyard-bbq/wood-fired-pizza-oven-tools/341828007

Indoor Outdoor Kitchens

Cheers

Craig
Old 09-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Serf

There's also Traditional Brick Ovens in Kent Town. They have some pretty reasonably priced gear, its where i got my supplies to make my WFO and its where i'm intending on going to get a peel and any other tools i cant be bothered making myself.

They're on the web and also facebook.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 09-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
This guy is in Queensland ,it looks good but Exxy
Tool Prices ~ Order Online ~ Purchase Information ~ Wood Fired Oven Tools
Tropical,
Funny you mentioned that link. I was at a local show on the weekend (Gawler) and got talking to a bloke about his mobile pizza oven he had there. I saw that mezzaluna out the corner of my eye and he raved about how good it was and recommended it to me.

Last edited by Bacterium; 09-05-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Spelling