Old 10-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Peasant

Default Tassie suppliers

Hi all,
Suppliers for fireclay and ceramic blanket in Tasmania?
Can you help?
Also, I was talking to a local brickie who said that I don't need ceramic blanket for insulation, normal rockwool batts would be just as effective. Now I don't want to build the oven on the cheap but am I wasting time trying to source ceramic blanket when I can use the batts?
Thanks
Old 10-30-2013, 01:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Tassie suppliers

See my post on the other thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moley View Post
Hi all,
Suppliers for fireclay and ceramic blanket in Tasmania?
Can you help?
Also, I was talking to a local brickie who said that I don't need ceramic blanket for insulation, normal rockwool batts would be just as effective. Now I don't want to build the oven on the cheap but am I wasting time trying to source ceramic blanket when I can use the batts?
Thanks
Gudday
Normal fiberglass insulation is not built to go directly against the brickwork its much to hot. There are other industrial fiberglass insulation types that would probably suit , but I do not have direct knowledge of these.
The two types of insulation commonly used in forno ovens are ceramic and pearlite or vermiculite mixed with Portland cement .
Ceramic is the most efficient but the most expensive .pearlite cement cheaper but usable at greater thicknesses. Normally you could say 100 mm of pearlite and cement would be equal to 50 mm of ceramic.
All of this is in the forno oven plans which are free and available from the forno shop. Drop a free set in your shopping basket and a PDF will be e-mailed to you.
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

Old 10-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Geoff

litekeeper is building one of Ben's kits too he posted some pics yesterday will give yoof the u an idea of kit quality but it comes with everything you need exceassuming an igloo finishpt render