Old 02-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Apprentice

Default sourcing GI metal WFO tools

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you had luck sourcing certain GI metal peels - either here in Aus or someone that shipped from USA.

The distributors here only sell ones with 150/180cm handles which are too long.

In particular the two items I am trying to source:

A-32RF/66

And any one of these:

I-20/120, I-23/120, I-26/120
Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: sourcing GI metal WFO tools

Why not make your own?

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Apprentice

Well I have made my own oven brush but the perforated aluminium azzurro range pizza peels are not something you can make and they work fantastically.

I've found someone in the USA who can ship me the A-32RF/66 and that is the main one I need.

He says that USPS have a 42" length restriction so buying the longer banjo peel from the USA is not possible - but I can source a suitable alternative here in Aus (without glide) or buy a GI metal one and cut the handle which I might do.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Master Builder

applor - you might be interested in this thread. Plenty of good tools and you may be surprised how easy it is to make most of them (cheap too).

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/o...ols-19150.html (Official - Show off your tools.)

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 02-20-2014, 02:17 AM
Master Builder

check this site out I bought some brass brush heads and they are really great, Fine brass not stiff sweeps like a broom.

Pizza Accessories

My Build -
Old 02-20-2014, 02:45 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
check this site out I bought some brass brush heads and they are really great, Fine brass not stiff sweeps like a broom.

Pizza Accessories
No metal brushes in my oven. The bits that fall off show up in the xrays in emergency units very regularly. Natural bristle brickies brushes don't last as long but they do the job safely. Mine has lasted 9 months so far and has plenty of life in it provided you keep it out of the fire.

Not worth the risk I reckon.

Wire Grill Brush Bristles Get Stuck in Food and Throats, Hospital Reports - ABC News

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Master Builder

Interesting article. I have thought of that. I use the brush to simply move hot coals using only light pressure. Then sweep it twice with natural bristles the second time with the brush wet then Mop surface with wet mop.

You got it I don't like the taste of ash. If necessary I guess I could use my compressor and blow air at floor just to make sure.

I also, when I remove coals when cool, i vacuum the floor.

But I will check the brass brush for failure. I also start my pizzas on a tray then slide them off once bottom gets a little colour so no chance of soft dough picking much up.

But I see you point.

My Build -
Old 02-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Master Builder

Good point. I use some trays from Aldi to get things started. Saves some grief, may not be quite as traditional but it works for me. Tried baking paper but it chars very quickly.

I don't worry about a bit of ash myself. It is all about finding what works for you I expect. It is all good and worth the effort anyway.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 02-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Apprentice

One thing I am struggling to find are some suitable fire wood log holders/racks to fit under my benches.
Just need something basic to keep em off the ground but my internet searches have found nothing suitable.
Might end up making my own there too!