Old 01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Australia Day

Australia Day-12860589753v68ki-1-.jpg

Hi All

Just thought I would start this thread for all of us to post some info on what we did on Aust day.
We have all had a fairly rough time right over this big land of ours from east to west from Nth to Sth..... Floods and Fires we have seen it all.
Hope your Australia day is good for all and I feel that getting together will only help the sense of community that were all depending on in these rough times

Go Well
Dave and the child bride
Old 01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Australia Day

Nothing actually planned as yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Peasant

Couple of mates and wives around for a late lunch/early evening meal. The plan is to fire the oven mid morning, obtain a falling temp for a swag of (Sam Kekovich) lamb chops to be slow cooked, complimented with potato bake and salads etc. There may be a few beers as well - Boags of course.
Happy Australia Day....

Old 01-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Australia Day

We have fallen into a tradition over the past 5 years or so, to meet at one of the regular members of a group of ex college students that my wife went through secondary college with some 40 years ago.
It varies from year to year as we meet 4 times a year and have hosted 3 pizza feasts for the group but at this point are not sure of the planned location. These have prove exceptionally popular and all look forward to the next gathering here.
Unfortunately, it is not at our home and consequently will not involve a wfo as I am the only one in the group with one (at present).

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 01-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Laborer

g'day fellas , yep going to get some more wood before aussie day to crank up the oven nice and early for lunch , a swim and a few brews to help the day along, could be a boneless leg lamb and i not going to do any buliding , mowing, weeding and other exciting jobs around the yard .
And in the afternoon while the oven is at a nice temp i going to make some scones or a camp oven damper , yum!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:53 AM
Peasant

Sounds like a (great) plan jas - enjoy the day.
Very unfortunate nissanneill - you may have a little challenge in front of you to 'motivate' the rest of 'the crew' into building WFOs and ensure the tradition continues.....

Old 01-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Mine was rather subdued. My mother and a friend came over (wife is overseas) and I made some Reinhart ciabatta as starter, then main was boerewors rolls. Dessert: home made mixed berry ice cream with vanilla marbled cream topped with toasted almonds. Not exactly Aussie fare - but I did have a blow up kangaroo in attendance so the thought was there!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Apprentice

Mine was spent at work but on the bright side I was paid double time and a half so more money to spend on the oven.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi All

Realy enjoyed my Australia day. Flashed up the oven.... Talk about bloody hot it was diffinitly a labour of love cooking pizza at lunch time in front of that oven. The result worth it the pizzas were great..... good ingredient fresh prawns (shrimp) ham of the bone semi dried tomato and capscum ( home made). got my dough perfect smooth and silky with just a good bit of chew.
Neighbours all got to get a slice..a few beers some great company....
....Results a Nanny Nap in the afternoon the lamb for tea a little overtime but the oven was kind to me a little overdone but still tasty and very solf suprisingly

regards Dave