Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Southeast US

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Exclamation North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?

Looking for good flour, tomato sources in the DFW area -Looking for sources offering premium pizza and baking ingredients. I'm in the Granbury/Cleburne area. Anybody have some good information?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?

Is there a Central Market nearby? And after you try all the premium DOP 'maters, buy some buck a can HEB brand and try them. They are better, if for no other reason than they are certainly fresher.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?

Oh yeah, Central Market makes fresh Moz almost every day here.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Oh yeah, Central Market makes fresh Moz almost every day here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Is there a Central Market nearby? And after you try all the premium DOP 'maters, buy some buck a can HEB brand and try them. They are better, if for no other reason than they are certainly fresher.
That sounds too easy

There is a Market in North Fort Worth, about an hour away from us. I'll check it out, thanks!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Apprentice

I have not verified yet but I did hear that "Whole Foods" is a source.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn8tr View Post
I have not verified yet but I did hear that "Whole Foods" is a source.
Thanks, we will be on the lookout for a Whole Foods store....We only go to town once every week or two though

Go Big Red, will be watching Dec 30 @ 9PM
Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Apprentice

Talking Re: North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?

Went to whole foods Tuesday and found "Zilch" I may have to order on line. I also might try to find a restaurant supply company locally. I finally finished my build, we may add a few additional details down the road but "she is done."
Attached Thumbnails
North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?-pizza-oven-192.jpg   North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?-pizza-oven-191.jpg   North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?-pizza-oven-188.jpg   North Central Texas (DFW) -Where to buy pizza and bread ingredients?-pizza-oven-185.jpg  
Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn8tr View Post
Went to whole foods Tuesday and found "Zilch" I may have to order on line. I also might try to find a restaurant supply company locally. I finally finished my build, we may add a few additional details down the road but "she is done."

Congratulations on your banner day! A nice yard....Bet that pool is nice when its over 100 degrees....Oven looks like it grew there.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Serf

It may be too far for you but I go to Jimmy's Food Store in East Dallas every couple of weeks for my supplies. They have the kilo packages of Caputo 00 flour, fresh mozzerella made daily (get there early or it will be gone) and a really good selection of meats, cheeses and imported oils and tomatoes. They have giant blocks of parmesan and romano ( i like the locatelli romano), home made Italian sausage and home made meatballs. The spicy Italian sausage is great, really spicy. The scarmorza is really good too (sort of like smoked mozzerella) and they also have buffalo mozz.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Forbes View Post
It may be too far for you but I go to Jimmy's Food Store in East Dallas every couple of weeks for my supplies. They have the kilo packages of Caputo 00 flour, fresh mozzerella made daily (get there early or it will be gone) and a really good selection of meats, cheeses and imported oils and tomatoes. They have giant blocks of parmesan and romano ( i like the locatelli romano), home made Italian sausage and home made meatballs. The spicy Italian sausage is great, really spicy. The scarmorza is really good too (sort of like smoked mozzerella) and they also have buffalo mozz.
Thanks Ken. I will get up there some time. Its about 80 miles from here. Sounds like an unusual place

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.