Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Northeast US

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Journeyman

Default Wood Fired Ovens in Conneticut!

I know of two wood fired ovens in Conn. that I have personally seen. Are there any others? Is anyone looking to build one in Conn.? I am currently trying to keep warm from this winters nasty weather. I have completed my oven stand and patio area. Now is the time for making an indispensible tool, templates, thermocouple electronics, etc. Lets share our knowledge in conn. and my door is always open for visitors to see the build. I do thank Bob in oxford for affording me the pleasure of seeing his build in progress and what a great job he did! I hope mine comes out half as good

Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oven Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Wood Fired Ovens in Conneticut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
I know of two wood fired ovens in Conn. that I have personally seen. Are there any others? Is anyone looking to build one in Conn.? I am currently trying to keep warm from this winters nasty weather. I have completed my oven stand and patio area. Now is the time for making an indispensible tool, templates, thermocouple electronics, etc. Lets share our knowledge in conn. and my door is always open for visitors to see the build. I do thank Bob in oxford for affording me the pleasure of seeing his build in progress and what a great job he did! I hope mine comes out half as good

You are obviously an analytical type and have done a good job of planning things out. I looked at your blog and I'm positively impressed. Keep up the good work
Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Wood Fired Ovens in Conneticut!

Hey John,
(Aegis)
I also checked out your blog. Awesome patio, etc.! I'm way up north here
in MA.! Funny how that winter thing gives us a well deserved rest and an awful long time to think about our next outdoor spring projects! Keep up the great work.
Rick
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Lburou and Oventhusiast (Rick) I don't know about well planned out, I ran out of stone for the wall because the wife decided the patio was too small. So that entailed more digging but this time with pick ax and shovel! Wish I had that backhoe again!
I do appreciate the rest in the winter, I will be working on setting up some cutting jigs and other specialty tools for the spring thaw. And of course spending as much time as my eyes can handle reading all the info on this site!
Hey Rick, I just saw your picasaweb site! I had to bookmark it though as the morning is going to come very fast if I don't hit the hay! I know, light weight! LOL I'll give it a closer look tomorrow!

Thanks

Photos:

Oven Blog:
Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
Thanks Lburou and Oventhusiast (Rick) I don't know about well planned out, I ran out of stone for the wall because the wife decided the patio was too small. So that entailed more digging but this time with pick ax and shovel! Wish I had that backhoe again!
.....snip.....
Thanks
Those instances are considered the exigencies of construction
Old 12-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Serf

Hey Aegis, I live in Trumbull and just finished my 36'' pompeii oven. Works great. The funny thing is I built it in my Basement. I haven't had time to post my pictures yet.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Apprentice

Ok Lburou!
You know I had to look up 'exigencies'! And you are "abstatootly" correct!
Sometimes I just stare at my projects and those exigencies pop into my head!
It's my way of 'planning'!.....I think!
Happy New Year!
Rick
Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oventhusiast View Post
Ok Lburou!
You know I had to look up 'exigencies'! And you are "abstatootly" correct!
Sometimes I just stare at my projects and those exigencies pop into my head!
It's my way of 'planning'!.....I think!
Happy New Year!
Rick
Happy new year to you and yours
Old 01-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Journeyman

I also have to admit to looking up the meaning of that word! I can't even remember how to spell it without going back a post!

Happy New Years to all and Most of all Happy Pizza Making! This new year hopefully will see the first brick oven pizza emerge from our new oven. I am just now working on the thermocouple control box. I know it will be way over kill in the long run, but will hopefully give me a better feel for working and using my oven quickly! (less than a year)

Photos:

Oven Blog:
Old 01-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Apprentice

Aegis,
Even though the first pizza I made in our then 'igloo' unfinished oven was probably the worst pizza I ever made (as compared to what I now make), my wife always says "That was the best pizza I ever had!"
There's just something about seeing that first pizza cooking on that hot floor that is so satisfying, it could taste like a frisbee, and still be awesome!
You're gonna love it! And it just keeps gettin' better!
You'll get there!