Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Western US

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By azatty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Apprentice

Default Pictures for C5Dad

So I wasn't going to post any pictures of the oven until I had it finished, but Chris called me out on the lack of photos. Here are a few of the nearly finished project. I still have to grout the facing, but I'm a lot closer to being done now.

I've also included some pictures of the oven at night when the LED "mood lights" are on. It can cycle through 27 different settings ranging from solids, to fades, to flashing. The light bar is hidden behind the bronze trim, and I've included a detail photo of it. I had to furr out those pieces by about an inch to accomodate the light bar, but I think it turned out pretty well.

I attached a picture of a good sample of the kiln fired adobe brick that I used to face my chimney and decorative arch. I really liked the colors. In person, the colors in the brick are more vibrant.

The base is teak sandstone. Really pretty stone. You can't see it too well in these photos, but the second level of tile on the left side has what I call the "Jupiter Band." There's a section of the stone that looks just like the "great spot" on Jupiter. I can't wait to see it with stone enhancer on it.

Sides of the upper enclosure are a rustic travertine. Rough chiseled edges, unfilled, unhoned, good character to the stone.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures for C5Dad-img_0978.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0979.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0980.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0981.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0983.jpg  

Last edited by azatty; 05-15-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Pictures for C5Dad

More pictures.

Yeah, I know my arch is off a little bit. I was soooo mad when the curve wasn't perfect. I almost tore it off and started over, but I was getting tired of playing mason.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures for C5Dad-img_0984.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0985.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0986.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0987.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0988.jpg  

Gulf likes this.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Apprentice

Pictures of the lights.

The pictures of the facade are overexposed (darn cheap digital camera), so they don't do the Santa Cecilia granit justice. The flash-lit photo below shows the granite color better. I still need to add a stone enhancer.

The LED and controller came from superbrightleds.com in case anyone needs a source. I got an RGB strip with a color-ring controller (can custom mix your colors), and a pretty big power supply. Turns out I didn't need the large power supply, but I can control more lights with it when I expand the yard lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures for C5Dad-img_0989.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0991.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0993.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0997.jpg   Pictures for C5Dad-img_0998.jpg  

Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Interesting choice of materials - it looks good and your lines are spot on, I understand the effort. In regard to the arch, it might be the wine but it looks pretty damn good to me. Nice job!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Apprentice

Thanks, Les. High praise coming from one of the masters.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Journeyman

WOW - that looks awesome. I bow in your general direction. I guess I better get moving and finish my oven before I get transferred/divorced or kicked out of the house! My only excuse is the griping from the kids anytime I even mention working on the chimney due to downtime!

Follow my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by C5dad; 05-18-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Apprentice

Building the chimney sucks. Took me forever to brick it. The only thing worse is grouting, which I did today. My wife is also not so happy about the time it takes.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Verrrry nice job. I love the Santa Cecilia granite! It's truly an inspiration to see how elegantly you finished your oven. It will be a joy to use every time you cook in it. Congrats!
John
Old 05-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Apprentice

Azatty,

Great job on your oven! Very nice indeed! I love the clean lines and the tile you chose. Congrats!

Any updated pics of your WFO?

And thanks again for the tip on the ceramic fiberglass rope. I got some!

Aceves
Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Apprentice

Very nice! Make sure to post a picture with a fire in the oven, the contrast with the LEDs must be awesome.

Be Proud.

Regards,
AT