Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Found - Guistos Organic AP at Surfas, Costa Mesa CA.

I found a 50# bag of Guistos All Family All-Purpose Unbleached White Flour.
I can't say why they had 2 50# bags, but they did. I bought one and another went home with another home baker. I hope they continue to carry Guistos and or Central Milling.

Surfas has three locations two in Southern California, Culver City and Costa Mesa and one at hot springs national park, AR. Thank you Surfas!

Chris

Last edited by SCChris; 02-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Found - Guistos Organic AP at Surfas, Costa Mesa CA.

Update, I took the time to go to the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim. This is a business to business event and since I've outgrown supermarket products, the small volumes and the limited varieties, I decided to see the Guisto's people in person and they were attending. I found Matt Guisto and spent time talking flour and found that the Guisto's Vita-Grain products are carried by US Foodservice, AKA US Foods. This is good news for me. I hope to have my sister-in-law order and receive what I want and then pay her for the trouble. I also had time to talk with Keith Guisto, a cousin, who has a distribution service in Petaluma that carries Central Milling products. Keith is another Baker and like his cousin knows what the personalities of flour bring to the table, so to speak.

Nice folks!!

Chris