Old 11-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Peasant

Default Vendors in Australia

Australia -Queensland Boyne Island
I managed to get some Calcium Silicate Board from Pyrotek. Check them out at Pyrotek - Home Page. They have a heap of different materials. I decided on the calcium silicate board because it came in a large format (1.2mx1.28m x 38mm) and matched the duty pretty well. They have outlets around the world and were very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Vendors in Australia-insulation-down.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1143_-_Pyrotherm_I_Series_Boards_-_E4.pdf (86.7 KB, 252 views)
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Vendors in Australia

I have just opened a refractory supply outlet in Melbourne. After 30 years working for others in the industry decided to give it a go. Can supply all your oven requirements. Bricks, castables, cal.sil. boards, mortars, ceramic fibre insulation, renders etc etc. Will give all forum members 10% discount. Give me a call on 03 9878 8884 or 0451 470 371. The company is called REFRACTORY SUPPLIES P/L and located in Nunawading.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Vendors in Australia

Great to see you jumping on board John.
I hope it all turns out fine for you.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Serf

Hi Guys, I'm new on this forum but have possibly read every single thread on this ste. It's been very informative and have learnt a lot since I decided to put my Italian heritage to good use and build an oven. I also bought my fire bricks and refractory mortar from Field Furnace at Wetherill Park. Lee was very helpful and full of great advice. I am building my dome out of solid clay bricks and found a place in Merrylands called the Brick Pit, and they were a great help as well. They have both new and recycled bricks from $0.50 each.

I also sourced my Vermiculite from a LAF Group in Greenacre. $22.00 for 100 litre Bag.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Serf

Hi Guys,

Iím in the process of sourcing materials for my WFO in Adelaide, and found a company called Thermal Ceramics Australia, they were very helpful and had all the products and pricing on a emailed info sheet.
10-14 Togood Avenue, Beverley
SA 5009 Australia
Tel + 61 (8) 8243 5300
Fax: +61 (8) 8243 0571
Email: thermal.australia@morganplc.com
Thermal Ceramics

Russ
Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabsauv View Post
Hi Guys,

Iím in the process of sourcing materials for my WFO in Adelaide, and found a company called Thermal Ceramics Australia, they were very helpful and had all the products and pricing on a emailed info sheet.
10-14 Togood Avenue, Beverley
SA 5009 Australia
Tel + 61 (8) 8243 5300
Fax: +61 (8) 8243 0571
Email: thermal.australia@morganplc.com
Thermal Ceramics

Russ
How much per brick?

cheers
Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Cabsauv,
a local even though you're the other side of Adelaide to me. Welcome aboard.
Thermal Ceramics are a great company to deal with, just around the corner from the old Clipsal Powerhouse. The lovelly lady (her name escapes me at present) is really swithched on BUT I don't think they have bricks. They used to years ago and when I bought my fire clay, superwool blanket and vermiculite, they were not making nor dealing with them. I also believe that they were not stocking fireclay, but that was over 2 years ago. I still have a 25kg bag remaining and you will only need less than a bag for a 40"Plompeii.

Cheers

Neill

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Serf

It appears that they may see a market in us WFO enthusiasts. I spoke with a Fiona she said that they were importing them from China, cost AUD4.00 per brick. This compares to my recent price from Littlehampton at AUD6.00 (prime) and AUD3.00 (seconds). In regards to fireclay she did say that they werenít going to be stocking it once current holding of approx 6 x 25kg was sold. See the attached materials list and prices from Thermal.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Vendors in Australia-tc_pricelist_20091124.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ah yes
Fiona, I remember her well, very pleasant to deal with and rather pleasing to the eye as well.
A very reputable company and would have no hesitations recommending them to anyone.
Be careful buying the Littlehampton firebricks as they can't/won't tell you what their composition is. They are made to withstand the open fireplaces heat more so than a WFO.
They sell far more of their 100mm fired solid clay pavers for ovens than anything else and at around 80c each is quite a saving. They are fired at 1200˚C so will withstand our oven temps without problems.

Neill

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 11-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabsauv View Post
It appears that they may see a market in us WFO enthusiasts. I spoke with a Fiona she said that they were importing them from China, cost AUD4.00 per brick. This compares to my recent price from Littlehampton at AUD6.00 (prime) and AUD3.00 (seconds). In regards to fireclay she did say that they werenít going to be stocking it once current holding of approx 6 x 25kg was sold. See the attached materials list and prices from Thermal.

Russ
Russ, I can supply from melbourne, 1st quality 40% alumina, 230x115x75
@ $3 each if you buy a full pallet [320] You may be able to share the load with a mate to build a second oven.