Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Other Oven Types

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sonomacast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Apprentice

Default Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build

Well at last I have made time to start the installation of the oven into an old horse trailer, The oven is segmented and the concrete is 3" deep all over, The oven sits on 3 1/2" Vermiculite concrete which in turn sits on 2"+ Strong concrete.(all joints are sealed with fire cement) Tomorrow I shall start the insulation process. I shall secure the oven using steel rope, anchors and turnbuckles. Over this shall be chicken wire (Allready cast with the first slab) and then ceramic blanket followed by Vermiculite /cement and finally a sand/cement render. Over all this I shall cover the oven with a box made of commercial insulation (Kingspan) for total insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-interlocking-sections.jpg   Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-sound-stuff.jpg   Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-slowfood-1.jpg   Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-slowfood-2.jpg   Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-slowfood-3.jpg  

chale likes this.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build

I actually don't know what I will do with the trailer as for me the enjoyment is the building of the oven,
Attached Thumbnails
Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-slowfood-4.jpg   Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-slowfood-5.jpg   Cast Segmented refactory mobile oven build-slowfood-6.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Apprentice

NICE Job!....you can always ship it over here....I'll put it to good use for you...
Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Serf

Very nice! What type of cement did yo use? Can you describe how you constructed the mould?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Apprentice

Thank you. I used refractory concrete 1400, the mould was made from plywood, plastic, sand and plaster, (I wouldn't use plaster again).
Old 05-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wood doesn't last well as a mould either.it's ok for two or three, but if you plan on doing more fiberglass is a better lasting material. Even fiberglass needs repair maintenance about every tenth casting.