Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Humor for George

It was winter and the rains just kept coming to this quaint town. Sadly, the rains were causing mass flooding and evacuations had to happen now.

As evacuations were going on, one man decided to stay. The police came by, told him the water was flooding the town. He replied "I will be fine, God will protect me, go ahead and help the others".

Later on, with waters rising above the man's first floor of his two story home, a rescue party came via boat and called out to the man "come and jump in to the boat, the flood is getting worse". He replied, " go help the others, God will protect me, I will be fine".

That night, with water rising to the roofline of the man's home, a helicoper hovered above the man's home with him on his roof. The rescue party called down to him "grap the line and put the harness around your waiste, the water is still rising". The man replied "go help the others, God will protect me, I will be ok".

Needles to say, the man drowned. When he reached the gates of heaven he met the lord. He asked "Lord, why did you let me drown? I prayed always to you, believed in you, and I was not looked after".

To this God replied "how can you say this? I sent you a police car, a boat, and a helicopter".

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Humor for George

Hey Robert,

You hit 1,000 with that. Complimenti e grazie. Send an email to info at fornobravo dot com, and we will send you your gift.

How is the oven doing?
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

James, thank you. The oven has been great. Limited use lately do to much work with the backyard garden. I am actually using my smoker today to smoke 6 racks of ribs for my daughter's pot luck Saturday. I have had rave reviews with them so I figured it would be nice to contribe them to the school.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 05-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good one Robert. The man sounds Sicilian.

Congrats on the 1000th.

-
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 AM
Master Builder

Where is George?
Old 06-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well, it looks like he really did leave the forum... which I think is very sad...

Remember, he said he was going to play more golf instead of hanging out here.

But maybe he'll back after taking a bit of a break. What do you think, Jim?

Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It's garden time for most of us. With the long winter and bouncing off walls, we get to enjoy the outdoors. I am sure George will return soon. I have also been busy with things that have limited my time here for now. I hope all of you are well. See you soon.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 06-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Master Builder

Yeah, knowing George he'll be back.....too good a man to give up the mob!

XJ/SJ
Old 06-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hope so... its just not the same without him...