Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Wood-Fired Pizza

Here is my first try at a Pizza Napoletana video. I baked a Margherita in my Primavera oven, with info on dough, pizza peels, and firing/controlling the oven.

Take a look! Back to my self-help theme -- let me know what you think. :-)
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 10-23-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Wood-Fired Pizza

Hey James,

Good Show!

It is swell to see another cook work through the process, and to be able to 'see' how the various steps in the process work..

My dough is consistently 'dryer' and doesn't perform as well as your example, and by 'seeing' you work through the forming of the dough I can learn from your experience, and have good information to improve my cooking...

Thanks for the show!

JED
Old 10-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Laborer

Once again fantastic Jim

Like Jed said good to see other people making and baking ...I was using to much flour making the balls..Now I know....Cheers

Do you or any others know of a UK supplier of the Red Caputo flour ..Ive searched high and low but cant find it
Old 10-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Laborer

James,

That was great to see. That Primavera oven looks great. Can't wait to try one out.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

These videos are really helpful in a lot of ways. I needed to see how almost "runny" the dough should be- My first attempt was too dry, but the second attempt was better, although I didn't think so at the time. I also needed to see how you use the turning peel!

So, when you are making the skin on the dough, you put the seam side down and cup the top in your hand? I think I've been doing it upside down!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ditto on all the previous comments! I didn't know for sure how the coals/fire should be arranged. I've been doing it right, but now it's confirmed.

Thanks again and keep the videos coming!

Updated!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Serf

I can't view images or links until I have 10 posts and I am excited to see the video so I am submitting a post.

BRIFRO
Old 10-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Brifro,

I will look into that. I did not try to set those thresholds that high.
James

Old 10-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Serf

Thanks,James
Old 10-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Laborer

James,

After you made your dough into balls and put in the proofing box how long did you let them rest/rise before making into pizza?