Old 05-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default My hands as a YouTube personality

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I have come up with a plan for Forno Bravo Videos.

We are going to start production of a comprehensive series of wood-fired cooking videos, here at our house, that will feature my hands and my voice. I'm a little too reserved to be a talking head, and besides, I don't have a cameraman handy -- but, with a fixed camcorder, I think I can do it.

I've ordered my tridpod for eBay, I have a digital camcorders, and I know how to use Apple iMovie. So, I think we're ready to go.

The list of potential video topics is almost limitless. Think about everything related to wood-fired ovens, where it would be fun too see a real video. My vision is to create a series of 2-4 minutes videos, each a on specific topic. They can be consolidated into a DVD later, for but now -- we are looking at Internet-ready video.

So, let me know what think. Advice and recommendations are very welcome. Also, give you your Top 5 topics where you would like to see a video.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 05-01-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My hands as a YouTube personality

I think it's a great idea James.

Top 5:

1. Fire management
2. Dough preparation
3. Forming the pizza
4. Various ways of topping the pizza
5. Cooking the pizza

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: My hands as a YouTube personality

Good suggestions Les,
that covers all the important and relevant topics in wood fired ovens and pizza making.
Keep them short, sharp and to the point.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Journeyman

Have you seen Videos on ExpertVillage.com | How to videos, free video clips & more
It has a huge variety of folks from just about everywhere demonstrating their particular expert talent. Check it out. I enjoy the site but don't understand how it operates. might be worth a try.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Apprentice

I agree with the basics listed above. After that, I suggest actual MENUS that follow a sequence of fire heat. Appetizer, main dish, dessert. Even "after dinner" potroasts, breakfast calzones, etc. We need to cook more things with available heat!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosskraft View Post
I agree with the basics listed above. After that, I suggest actual MENUS that follow a sequence of fire heat. Appetizer, main dish, dessert. Even "after dinner" potroasts, breakfast calzones, etc. We need to cook more things with available heat!
AGREED

seems logical

My costs:

My pics:

Old 05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Getting the pizza from the counter to the oven!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Of course the great thing about video is that you only have to show it when it works. :-)

I am picturing lots of Julia Childs TV moments.... "here is the dish we started earlier today, and it's perfect!"

James

Last edited by james; 05-01-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Is that cheating?

i expect more james

My costs:

My pics:

Old 05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

i wanna help!

My costs:

My pics: