Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Master Builder

Default igloo build

Got to use some of my oven building skills over the weekend. I built a fairly large (8' wide X 5' tall) igloo. I didn't get any good pics of the structure, but one of my pals got one of me about to set the keystone, one of the entrance, and one of the entrance and tools used (beer included). I set a lantern in there at night and it glowed a really-cool blue with brighter blue mortar seams. I tried to take a pic of that but it didn't turn out - not enough light I suppose. Too bad. That would have been the one I wished you all could see.

dusty
Attached Thumbnails
igloo build-igloo-2-28-09.jpg   igloo build-igloo-entrance.jpg   igloo build-igloo-tools.jpg  
Old 03-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: igloo build

Fire it up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

LOL!

Thats cool Dustman.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 03-04-2009, 03:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very cool!

A friend of mine used to go on a scout camp-type thing once a year where they built a big igloo and then actually slept in the thing for a week (only nights mind, they went skiing during the daytime). Go on Dusty, I'm sure you can do it if you curl up tightly!