Old 01-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Journeyman

Default Green Roofs

Hi all. I have been working on a small green roof project for myself and am just practicing posting some pics I took. If anyone is interested in the subject, fire away. As I said, I am a relative newbie and am just trying this stuff out. Thanks, Carl
Attached Thumbnails
Green Roofs-sign1.jpg   Green Roofs-sign2.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Green Roofs

I see the pictures went through. Does anyone know why they are small when they are viewed? Is there a way to have them show bigger? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Journeyman

Testing again....trying to figure out a way to make the photos larger for viewing.
Attached Thumbnails
Green Roofs-greenroof3.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks cool. What do you use for a membrane?

Are you considering that for your oven? Might be nice to pick fresh basil from your roof!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 01-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMan View Post
Hi all. I have been working on a small green roof project for myself and am just practicing posting some pics I took. If anyone is interested in the subject, fire away. As I said, I am a relative newbie and am just trying this stuff out. Thanks, Carl
Interesting, one of the very first builders on this forum, Paul Ages, built a garden over his oven. Pretty cool.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Testing again....trying to figure out a way to make the photos larger for viewing.
I'm not sure what is happening with the pic size. You might want to check on your end to what size they are before loading. Usually the way that you are uploading your pics is done straight form your computer to the forum. I like using an "outside the forum photo site". Actually, I use two of them. The first is Picasa. This site is great for organizing and editing all our family photos. For the oven, it is the album that you would see if you clicked on My Picasa Web Album in my signature, below. I usually include more pics in this link than I post to the FB forum. For some reason, Photobucket is the easiest site for me to post pics. When I want to post a pic to my page, I just upload it to Photobucket, select the direct link option from Photobucket, then paiste it the insert photo link from FB and it is resized to fit the page.

I hope this did not confuse you as much as it did me .

Keep trying, you will get it, or someone else will show you an easier way .

Last edited by Gulf; 01-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Looks cool. What do you use for a membrane?

Are you considering that for your oven? Might be nice to pick fresh basil from your roof!
Hi Matt. Since I do quite a bit of tile work, I have plenty of Kerdi (Schluter product) and plan to thinset that over the decking, just like a shower. Not sure if I will do this on my WFO. I plan to that in metal, to match a shed I built last year. This particular green roof project is for a sign, along w/the stone columns I built as bases.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Interesting, one of the very first builders on this forum, Paul Ages, built a garden over his oven. Pretty cool.
That's nice to know. Are photos of his roof still here on the Forum?
Old 01-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I'm not sure what is happening with the pic size. You might want to check on your end to what size they are before loading. Usually the way that you are uploading your pics is done straight form your computer to the forum. I like using an "outside the forum photo site". Actually, I use two of them. The first is Picasa. This site is great for organizing and editing all our family photos. For the oven, it is the album that you would see if you clicked on My Picasa Web Album in my signature, below. I usually include more pics in this link than I post to the FB forum. For some reason, Photobucket is the easiest site for me to post pics. When I want to post a pic to my page, I just upload it to Photobucket, select the direct link option from Photobucket, then click the insert photo link from FB and it is resized to fit the page.

I hope this did not confuse you as much as it did me .

Keep trying, you will get it, or someone else will show you an easier way .
Thanks, Gulf. I'll give it a try.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
That's nice to know. Are photos of his roof still here on the Forum?
A lot of the old links / threads are broken. I'll see if I can find them (one) and post it.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.