Old 03-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Journeyman

Default Tikibar Grill !!!

Ive been meaning to post pictures of my WFO's little brother....Its my Tikibar Grill (or so we call it). This was last year's big project. The grill is propane gas powered with four independent burners and a "wok-station". The grilling surface is quite large and measures 56 x 18 inches. Collectively, the burners put out more than 238,000 BTU/HR. (a typical Weber grill puts out 44,000). The concrete countertop measures 12 feet x 4 feet x 4 inches thick and was poured in place. I still need to do a little bit of work on it, but it works and makes great steaks, kabobs, and stir-fry!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tikibar Grill !!!-tiki-grill.jpg   Tikibar Grill !!!-tikigrill2.jpg   Tikibar Grill !!!-tikigrill3.jpg  
Old 03-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Tikibar Grill !!!

The counter looks beautiful, especially the color and finish. I do hope that there is expansion gaps around those posts...if not, you could have trouble down the road. Do you have a footing under the block work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Journeyman

Stonecutter....I could have used your input last summer!!! I have a half-inch gap around each post. As far as the footing goes; well....Im keeping my fingers crossed. I have about 8 inches of compacted crushed gravel under the blocks. I just didnt have it in me to dig down 3 feet for footings. Im gittin' too old for diggin'...
Old 06-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Apprentice

That looks amazing, well done,

Tags
gas grill, propane grill