Old 07-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Serf

Default Trying to cool the air space in front of oven

I own a restaurant with an indoor oven with natural venting only. The oven has a vent toward the front, which works great and no smoke seeps into the room. But, the airspace for about 5 feet in front of the oven gets really hot. Does anyone have any suggestions on a separate vent with a fan that I could install to pull the hot air up and out of the building? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Trying to cool the air space in front of oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebarn View Post
I own a restaurant with an indoor oven with natural venting only. The oven has a vent toward the front, which works great and no smoke seeps into the room. But, the airspace for about 5 feet in front of the oven gets really hot. Does anyone have any suggestions on a separate vent with a fan that I could install to pull the hot air up and out of the building? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Sounds to me like you could use a standard roof mounted commercial exhaust fan (typically used for a class 2 hood) or if your building owner would allow just a residential whole house fan in the center of that 5' area. Mounted on the roof ducted to the ceiling with the ridged metal ducting (not flex duct). This will certainly pull the hot air out of the building in that area but its not going to do much for the operator of the oven
Oh and I wouldn't operate the exhaust fan while initially starting the fire for the days cooking, I would think it would interfear with the draw of the chimney until it gets hot then I'm sure it will be fine. You cant really mess with that area you are talking about because the oven needs air to breath. You have to think of the oven like a fireplace only higher if you start tweaking with the air space in the front of a standard fireplace it throws the whole process off, the natural convection needs to take place inorder for the fire to keep going.
Good luck
Old 07-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

^ What he said.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Master Builder

make sure the exhaust fan has a speed contoller (installed at the switch)....will help "fine tune" conditions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.