Old 09-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Apprentice

Default New Fire Within Workshop: Become a Catering Pizzaiolo

The fabulous folks at The Fire Within have announced the next workshop: "Getting Started With Your Own Wood-Fired Oven Catering Business" – November 3 & 4:

Are you ready to become a catering pizzaiolo? This workshop is designed to take you through all of the stages of starting your own wood-fired pizza oven catering business. Learn first-hand from professionals in the field and practice using the very same equipment you’ll need to run your own thriving business, including our Forno Bravo mobile wood-fired oven! Our next workshop is coming up November 3rd and 4th. Space is limited--register today!

Come celebrate our fourth year of hands-on workshops with us!
Getting Started With Your Own Wood-Fired Oven Catering... - Eventbrite

"It was great hearing and learning from different business owners who are in the field currently. And the feeling of community reaffirmed our decision to venture into the business." Steven & Lauren DeFonzo
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Serf

Default Re: New Fire Within Workshop: Become a Catering Pizzaiolo

Anybody want to sign up for this class as partners. We could save a few buck and help them fill there class? Message me. My schedule is better for November.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Peasant

I saw the class and it's just down the road. I'd love to see a class just on making the dough and cooking the pizzas. This is more focused on setting up and running a business.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Peasant

Guys,

I went to this seminar back in Feb. There was a broad spectrum of attendants from experienced in mobile food to no experience what so ever. The first day was spent mostly in a class situation discussing pizza catering, sharing ideas and experiences, with some time spent baking, time on the equipment and also some time spent actually making dough (focusing on the process in general) preparing for the second days baking extravaganza. The dough recipe used was somewhat standard to what you would expect but none the less very good. Second day was a lot of baking in trailers provided by Fire Within and there was a whole lot of pizza consumption, unfortunately I had to leave early to catch my flight out. All in all I greatly enjoyed the experience even though I had 4+ years in mobile and have had my home oven operating for almost 5yrs.

John
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Peasant

have Forno Bravo dealers considered a workshop designed for the home user? Something where they showcase the basics and then use the event to promote Forno Bravo products. Might be worthy of a 'Groupon' or other approach.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Peasant

The FB people may step in here but they do an annual one day meet and greet type of thing. Several members have attended in the past but I have not had the opportunity.

JG
Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred.collins View Post
have Forno Bravo dealers considered a workshop designed for the home user? Something where they showcase the basics and then use the event to promote Forno Bravo products. Might be worthy of a 'Groupon' or other approach.
They already do it and it is scheduled for Oct 27 this year. in Marina CA. near Monterey. I went to the last one 2 years ago with my wife and I have an oven today.

Lots of cooking demos by vendors who have trailer mounted ovens and good discussions on how to cook and why of using a WFO.

Well worth the price of admission if the Flight and hotel do not kill you.

Pizza and other types of food prepared as well as a short sales pitch from FB on their ovens.

Chip

Tags
caterers, fire within, mobile