Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Commercial Pizza Ovens

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cadott

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Serf

Default Mounting oven on trailer

Hello

I am in the process of building a wood fired oven trailer. I have bought a 7' x 9' box trailer, welded a box section frame for the oven to be mounted on. I plan to bolt a ply sheet to this frame, on top of the ply I have a layer of 50mm calcium ciliate board for the cast refractory base to lay on. I am looking at purchasing the vento oven from the stonebakedovencompany.co.uk. i then plan to cover the cast refractory in insulation wool and chicken wire then render the it.

I need to find out how to secure the cast refractory to the steel frame, any ideas? I also wish to know what the best type of render to use to prevent it cracking, best insulation etc. can vermiculite granules be added to the render?

Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mounting oven on trailer

Search the forum for mobile or trailer ovens. There is plenty of discussion and much to consider.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 AM
Journeyman

here is how I did mine.
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...uild-7866.html (My Cast Refractory Oven Build)

good luck! and post pictures!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Apprentice

also, here is a "me-too" link;
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/...ing-20874.html (52 inch mobile brick oven in moving van)
have fun, it's not "rocket-science"..

My 81 inch first build;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 52 inch mobile;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

our FB page;
Old 11-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Serf

I am using eye bolts and cables to secure the dome to my trailer. I can adjust cable tension by turning the eye bolt nut under my steel plate.

Two more layers of blanket will be covering the cables.
Attached Thumbnails
Mounting oven on trailer-img_0456.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_0457.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Apprentice

neat idea with the Ben Franklin...let's see some pics of that..

My 81 inch first build;

My 52 inch mobile;

our FB page;
Old 11-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Serf

The Ben Franklin (BF) more or less evolved itself into the project. I was not happy with my attempts to build the cast mold porch. I had the BF for another project and was only going to use the oval-to-round chimney. But the more I looked at it, the more it seemed this could work. The dimensions were about the right width and height. A short reach-in was offered. The sides angled outward for a nice flare. The front creates a good draft box and faces off the sides.

I will be starting the curing fires shortly--the real test.
Attached Thumbnails
Mounting oven on trailer-img_0224.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_0226.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_0235.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_0236.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_0237.jpg  

Mounting oven on trailer-img_0413.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Apprentice

by jove, you may be on to something there..ingenuity is what make these ovens fun and that looks fun...like the mil-surp trailer...Govliquidation.com?

My 81 inch first build;

My 52 inch mobile;

our FB page;
Old 11-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Serf

Its a 3/4 ton M116A2 generator trailer with a heavy duty lift kit. Craigslist--$300. An old 42" x 7" tractor rim sits between the fenders and matches the fender height. A 66" x 60" x 1/4" steel plate sits on the rim and is bolted to the fenders. The plate can turn if I want to serve to the back. Lots of stuff to do yet--insulation, stucco, front finish work, stove work, chimney, curing....

Its been a very fun project with a lot of trial and error. I swear I did everything twice--the scrap pile proves it. Also note the new well-worn path from my house to the hardware store--so many trips. But now I can cut firebrick, steel, cast iron, and wood like a pro. Instead of giving away my oak, I'm getting wood from the neighbors.

What's driving me to do this? I haven't a clue. I've never made a pizza in my life. That will be my next phase. This is an awesome forum and it teaches much. Its a good mix of experts and novices. Carry on.
Attached Thumbnails
Mounting oven on trailer-img_2126.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_2127.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_0104.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_2456.jpg   Mounting oven on trailer-img_2461.jpg  

Mounting oven on trailer-img_2715.jpg  
david s likes this.

Last edited by Cadott; 11-14-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:47 AM
Master Builder

Interesting. A novel concept to have it on a turntable. Will watch with interest.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics