Old 04-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Serf

Default crack in deck of frono bravo modena

hello all I have a fb wfo rpm 120 Modena model, yes it lives up to its reputation
but there is a crack in the deck that developed recently it is bigger then 1/8 "
about 12" long , is there anything I can use to fill this
we are a woodfired pizza restaurant , and depend on this unit

thanks for any help....
Old 04-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: crack in deck of frono bravo modena

It might help to post a pic. As they say all WFO's have some cracks. They will not impede the performance unless they're so big that you lose heat from them. Usually just let them fill with ash and keep cooking. You should really address your concerns to FB as they are the manufacturer. Attempts to repair cracks are usually unsuccessful and removal and replacement of floor bricks is a better solution if you can't bear looking at the cracks.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Serf

I was hoping there was some high temp mortar we could fill it with the oven is imported from Italy has the one piece deck not tiles like the usa versions
ant help appreciated , this oven has barley 2 years of use thanks Jim

I have read that the refractionary parts of the oven carry a ten year warrantee does anyone know this to be true?? appreciate all input

Last edited by goose; 04-12-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 AM
Master Builder

Be best to talk to the manufacturer if you have warranty. Mess with it before then and there goes your warranty.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 05-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
I was hoping there was some high temp mortar we could fill it with the oven is imported from Italy has the one piece deck not tiles like the usa versions
ant help appreciated , this oven has barley 2 years of use thanks Jim

I have read that the refractionary parts of the oven carry a ten year warrantee does anyone know this to be true?? appreciate all input
This floor appears to be a one piece casting and is full of cracks. How did you go with FB?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Serf

not real well, it is the one piece deck made in Italy they said they could sell me a new deck, but never got back to me with pricing
I have read there is a ten year warrantee on refractory parts
honestly this oven hasn't seen heavy usage
Im not sure I would go with another one for our restaurant,
if its only got a life span of 2 years , I was hoping for something better from fb
thought they would stand behind it
Old 05-22-2014, 04:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

How would you get the old one out, let alone the new one in???
Old 05-22-2014, 05:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Out is easy, hammer a chisel. If the new floor is one piece then you cut it in half.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 05-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

It is difficult to tell from the photograph, but if the dome is sitting on the floor rather than inside it then removal will be even more difficult. It would then have to be cut all the way around the perimeter and then the same amount trimmed off around the new floor. I made my mobile oven with a one piece cast floor because I was worried about the thing rattling to bits over bumpy road vibrations. It has got some decent cracks in it, but they don't affect it's performance. If I were in your boat I'd just keep using it rather than going to the immense trouble of replacing it. Although if you can get it done under warranty and get someone else to pay for the replacement then go for it.

Last edited by david s; 05-23-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Laborer

If the issue is looks rather then performance why can't you lay a fire brick or tile floor over the top on a thin fire clay sand bed?
Closed Thread