Old 03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Our Outdoor Fireplace

I think most people and the builder thought we were nuts when we designed an outdoor fireplace into the addition we did on the house. But when the sun goes down, Spain can be a very cool country in the fall, winter and summer.

A naya is a covered area that is very common in Spanish houses. We put a fireplace on the end of it. There are two arches on the other outside wall and the opposite wall is a sliding glass door leading to the dining room and kitchen. We purchased an artificial stone fireplace for the trim and it's lined with firebricks.

We have enjoyed quite a number of fires on cooler nights and it has definately been enjoyed by guests after a wood fired meal

..... and we even have used it to roast red peppers over the coals....

If you have the space and access to wood, it's a fun way to extend your outdoor season....we love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Our Outdoor Fireplace-outdoor-fireplace.jpg   Our Outdoor Fireplace-outdoor-fileplace.jpg   Our Outdoor Fireplace-outdoor-fireplace-peppers.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Our Outdoor Fireplace

Jim,
Is that your back? I can't tell. Your house brings back so many memories. I looks great.
James

Old 03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Our Outdoor Fireplace

James, that's my good friend Lewis roasting the peppers.....archive from New Years....5 days of pizza, roasting and baking....I'm the cook and photographer....eater and drinker....

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!