Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Laborer

Default Sydney Outdoor Kitchen

I have been doing lots of work over the past couple of years in our backyard. Shortly after moving in we had a pool put in, and we are now half way through the outdoor kitchen area to compliment it.

I hope you enjoy watching my progress.

The first photo shows the location of our outdoor kitchen next to the pool.
The small room in the right of the photo is a bathroom/changeroom for the pool.As you can see, the roof is yet to be installed.

The WFO will be installed against the brick column in the back corner.

The last 3 photos show the layout/rebar setting and drystacking of the besser blocks.

Regards,
Bruno
Attached Thumbnails
Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor1.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor2.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor3.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor6.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor4.jpg  

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Sydney Outdoor Kitchen

Next series of photos show the stand and hearth being completed and concrete pour.

I cut away the sides of the concrete blocks to allow the core fill concrete and hearth concrete to be poured without the need for any forms on the outside edge of the slab (except for the angled front).

I used tie wire to attach length of rebar across the floor of the hearth to the vertical lengths from inside the walls.

The hearth reinforcing was then completed with a piece of concrete mesh laid over these rebar strips and attached with tie-wire.
Attached Thumbnails
Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor7.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor8.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor9.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor10.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor11.jpg  

Bruno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by brung99; 10-23-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Add more info
Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Laborer

More photos
Attached Thumbnails
Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor14.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor15.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor16.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor17.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor18.jpg  

Bruno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Laborer

Finally, all form work removed after a couple of days drying time - luckily it remained standing !!
Attached Thumbnails
Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor19.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-outdoor20.jpg  

Bruno

Old 10-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Laborer

After completing the hearth stand, I realised it was still a bit low for my liking. Even taking into account the 50mm (2in) calsil board insulation and 50mm floor tiles, I decided to add a further 50mm by mortaring in some 50mm hebel blocks directly on the reinforced concrete slab upon which to lay the calsil. This brings my finished cooking floor height to 1100mm (approx 43 inches).

The following photos show the hebel/calsil insulation layer and the 4 wall sections and floor tiles being fixed. Joints were sealed with refractory mortar.
Attached Thumbnails
Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-hebel.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-calsil.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-front.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-floor.jpg  

Bruno

Old 10-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Laborer

More photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-back.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-side.jpg   Sydney Outdoor Kitchen-dome.jpg  

Bruno

Old 10-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Master Builder

Hi Bruno,

Nice set up. What size is your oven, did you mold it yourself?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Laborer

Hi,

The oven is 1000mm internal. They are produced in Italy and I bought it from the importer here in Sydney. Comes as a complete kit except for the external render of course. I will be leaving it as an igloo shape.

Cheers,
Bruno

Bruno

Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Master Builder

And does it come with ceramic fiber blanket for the dome?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Laborer

The kit is supplied with 25mm ceramic fibre blanket. Enough for 2 layers so it will be 50mm thick insulation.

Bruno