Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

View Poll Results: What do you use for outdoor music
Powered speakers with iPod. 3 8.11%
I turn up my indoor stereo really high (11). 0 0%
Boombox with CDs or Radio. 4 10.81%
Wireless outdoor speakers 6 16.22%
Wired outdoor speakers (I planned ahead). 20 54.05%
Other (let us know). 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Outdoor Music

What are you using for outdoor music. I am experimenting with iTunes and remote wireless speakers, and I also am considering using a powered speaker with an iPod docking station.

After of couple of parties, I will try to figure out which one works better.

With the wireless speakers, you have to mess with a computer for music (wine and computers don't mix), and with the iPod, I have to remember to sync the iPod before the party. Plus, the indoor speakers and the outdoor speakers wouldn't be playing the same music. Yikes.

What do you use?
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Outdoor Music

James - I'm thinking of the wireless speaker route. At the time, when I built my gazebo's, I didn't think I wanted outdoor music - big mistake. Question, I did a quick google and it seems like you can use your existing system (no ipod or computer needed. This is a blurb off of one site

iPod Ready!!! Connect your iPod, MP3 player, PC, Laptop or any audio device to the transmitter for wireless Music!

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Er... no music at all? Is this really wierd?

I perfer not to have music when I'm outside, so I can hear the birds twitter, or the bats squeak and the wind in the trees etc...

Well, that and we have one mad neighbour, who'd start ringing the police right away. And don't suggest feeding her pizza, I think she probably digests her food by disolving it in her venom.

What kind of music do you listen to for a pizza party? Italian theme music maybe?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
Yes! :-)

James

Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post

I perfer not to have music when I'm outside, so I can hear the birds twitter, or the bats squeak and the wind in the trees etc...

Well, that and we have one mad neighbour, who'd start ringing the police right away. And don't suggest feeding her pizza, I think she probably digests her food by disolving it in her venom.

What kind of music do you listen to for a pizza party? Italian theme music maybe?
I want any kind of music just to drown out the sound of the Mourning Doves -We are infested with them and they are driving me crazy! Here is a link to the noise and try and imagine hearing this non-stop, just about 24/7.

Mourning Dove

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Laborer

Les, any chance you live in the country? If so, we have a good way to contol doves in Texas. Let me know if you need help, they are tasty!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
... Let me know if you need help, they are tasty!
Particularly when wood-fired. Talk about two birds with one stone. :-)
James

Old 06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Laborer

I installed a multizone, multisystem unit in my outdoor kitchen when I had everything stripped out. From the starting from scratch scenerio, this worked great. If you are retro-fitting, it would be a bunch of work and wire pulling.

We ran 2 inch pvc around the pool, prior to paver installation. This allowed me to install 4 zones (sets of speakers) in the backyard, 1 set in the kitchen (I call it the manroom), one set pointing at the pool, one set of rock speakers around thesitting/table area, and one set around the hot tub.

I can turn the music on to all 4 zones, or just one if I want (keeps neighbors happy). Or I can sit in the manroom, listen and watch the baseball game while the kids listen to rap while they swim in the pool.

My inputs into the multisystem are AM, IPOD, CD, and a dual channel DISH receiver.

Check out Niles Audio if interested. I'm sure there are other suppliers as well
Old 06-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Excellent. Isn't it great when you plan ahead.
James

Old 06-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Journeyman

Me.... 2 weeks ago, I saw an ad for Polk Audio Atrium 45 outdoor speakers...$75 - Free Shipping. Very nice.. I only wish I had bought several more.