Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Peasant

Default Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

In order to correct my English, I want to talk about the construction of my summer outdoor kitchen in the Moscow region. (for the Russian for “outdoor kitchent” mean “summer kicthen”. It is due to the harsh climate. But I am going to cook in winter too!) Making pizza and bread only in the house, I plan to. Therefore, in the outdoor kitchen is available only wood stove for cooking pilaf (the national dish of Central Asians from meat (mostly lamb), rice, onions, carrots and spices) and grill for cooking shashlik, kebab, barbeque.
Here is my draft oven and canopy. The canopy will also be used to enter the house.

If anyone is interested I will tell more. I would be grateful for corrections of my English.
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation-1.jpg   Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation-2.jpg   Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation-kril.jpg   Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation-3.jpg  

Last edited by valentin; 06-26-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Peasant

Default Re: Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

Ground in construction specialties - clay that winter freezes to a depth of about 180 cm. In clay freezing increases in volume. As a result, foundations buried to a depth less than the depth of freezing emerge from the ground. For an inhomogeneous volume change occurs distortion clay foundations and their destruction.

Foundation for the oven can be done by removing the soil to a depth of freezing and replacing it with sand. Putting on top of reinforced concrete slab thickness of 300 mm. But I had to remove the remnants of the old porch - brick fragments.

Therefore, dug a hole size of 1200 x 2200х2000 mm,

packed in layers in the remnants of the destroyed her porch, linking them with cement mortar

and concrete slab poured on top of a thickness of about 800 mm.

Wooden kitchen design based on concrete pillars with a diameter of 200 mm. Buried 2000 mm. As permanent formwork used pipes.

Hired to perform the work Tajiks (Central Asians) that the day of hard work take 30 USD per person. Foundation work cost me 300 USD.

Last edited by valentin; 06-30-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Peasant

This is rezult - foundation of my outdoor kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation-foundation_-of_my_outdoor-kitchen.jpg  
Old 06-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation

Hi valentin
it makes me appreciate our very mild winters here in South Australia as we rarely even get to freezing point let alone have it penetrate 2 metres into the ground. Guess that I'm lucky as we can use our ovens all year round and when compared to your winters, even sit outside in the open or under my outdoor kitchen any day that we wish. Even on the coldest days, I could still enjoy sting outside with a chiminea or similar to keep arm by even though there is plenty of heat that comes out the oven.
Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Valentin,

Thank you for sharing pictures of your build. Looks like pizza and cooking is a universal language. I will be following your build closely.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 06-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanneill View Post
Hi valentin
it makes me appreciate our very mild winters here in South Australia as we rarely even get to freezing point let alone have it penetrate 2 metres into the ground. l
Hi Neill
You have a very warm climate ... ... My unfinished stove (аt a photocall protective plastic film has been removed.) in winter 2014. The outdoor temperature is -20C (-4 F).

And this is the road to it.

But I plan to use the stove in winter.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I love those bricks with the radius. Are they made that way or did you cut them? I can't enlarge the picture to see for sure.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Looks like pizza and cooking is a universal language.
Offered in a list of universal languages ​​add pilaf and shashlik. Pictured pilaf.
hodgey1 likes this.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
I love those bricks with the radius. Are they made that way or did you cut them? I can't enlarge the picture to see for sure.
I first cut brick, then grind. Details can be found in my article article (only in Russian) and video.
This is my tools for grinding bricks.
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor kitchen near Moscow, Russian Federation-tools_for_grinding_bricks.jpg  

Last edited by valentin; 06-30-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:15 AM
Journeyman

Valentin, I'm not sure which looks better, the pilaf or the oven? Keep the pictures coming and if you would, please post a recipe for the pilaf on the forum under "What you cooked last night".

Thanks,

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build: