Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

View Poll Results: What did you use to build your outdoor kitchen cabinets
Metal studs 5 29.41%
Concrete block 4 23.53%
Brick 3 17.65%
A pre-made kit 1 5.88%
Other 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Outdoor Cabinet Design

What did you use (or are planning on using) to construct your outdoor kitchen cabinets? It's time to vote.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Outdoor Cabinet Design

I used a modular kit from an emerging company called Outdoor Kitchen Concepts [I am not affiliated, just a satisified customer]. They built a custom corner unit for my FB Casa110 using square steel tubing.

The rest of the kitchen was metal stud frames with a cement board covering. I used their SS door and drawer systems and stuccoed the exterior. Topped it all with granite slabs.

I am just about finished with the lighting and the new patio furniture shoud be delivered tomorrow - I'll post photos as soon as it is done.

J W
Old 04-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Apprentice

Used the same cabinet maker that did our custom kitchen design 2 years ago. will try to send pictures.

structure is a 20x20 roofed cabana, with WFO, 36" DCS gas BBQ, two separate DCS gas side burners, granite countertop to match indoor kitchen slate tile floor, with tongue and groove celiling.

use as an additional outdoor living space, has love seat, two easy chairs plus teak oval table for six in corner of room.

get to use about 9 -10 months of the year here in Southern California
Old 04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Steel studs clad with cement board and broken slate tile (to resemble random stone walls), ceramic tile counters with inlays of leftover pool tile. small fridge, Lynz gas Grill. All teak furniture (table, chairs, high bar, stools). this is all within my screened pool enclosure.
Since I ran out of space, the Pomeii oven is being constructed in the yard just outside the enclosure - based on the plans (slab, concrete block, combo slab, and dome)