Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Apprentice

Talking Keg in kitchen

Gday guys and girls I am knew to this thread and an glad I have come across it as it has some very usefull and insightful ideas!
My question is as I plan my outdoor kitchin and oven is, has anyone provided an area where a beer keg can be tapped in? and if so were there any special requirements regarding cooling etc?
cheers
P.S yes I am Australian
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Serf

Default Re: Keg in kitchen

Get a 2nd hand fridge, big enough to put the keg inside and close the door. Plumb a flex line through the door with tap mounting attached to the outside with slops trough, and bingo, you have a great keg in the kitchen.

I got a refridgerator from a auction selling 2nd hand motel stuff, and have converted 4 fridges to this design. Great if you paint them up and stick stuff to the outside so they don't look boring.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwdtb View Post
Gday guys and girls I am knew to this thread and an glad I have come across it as it has some very usefull and insightful ideas!
My question is as I plan my outdoor kitchin and oven is, has anyone provided an area where a beer keg can be tapped in? and if so were there any special requirements regarding cooling etc?
cheers
P.S yes I am Australian
If you have room for a full fridge or kegarator that is the easiest solution. I did not have enough space to put in the fridge. I have a common wall into my garage and put the fridge in the garage. I piped the beer lines through the wall and under the counter to a draft tower. I had to add a small fan to keep the beer line cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Keg in kitchen-dscn0240.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Apprentice

Jim, that is the BEST setup I have seen!!! Couldn't think of anything better than cooking in the WFO, and on the bbq while watching tv!!! Very jealous, looks great!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Serf

We really enjoy the oven. The only think better is thirty two days until the World Cup. We will be hosting a party for the USA vs England match. Should be fun. I am also have a poker party the Saturday night. It is nice to have a cover area in the Northwest.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Serf

Oh...great even i want to join the party nut i think the time is gone i guess.