Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Apprentice

Default green egg built in

Howdy folks, just finished my 42" pompeii, and now I am working on cabinets, they abut my oven, so I cant go beyound 24" deep. I want to include a large green egg, which I already have, and build it in so it is encased in countertop, grnaite or poured concrete, with an access door below. I have a splash wall right behind, so I know i have to extend it out for it to fit and open fully with spring in back, any idea how deep the countertop and cabinet wuld have to be and how deep it would have to be if it had a wall directly behind it an open fully.

Thanks! Pat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Peasant

Default Re: green egg built in

not sure of the dimensions but I will share what I did. I installed mine in a nook I left open. I made a form to sit the egg in, I then wrapped the egg in plastic set it in the hole and poured concrete around it. Popped the egg out polished the concrete and set the egg back in. When you cut the hole in the form and set the egg in you can try it out before pouring the concrete.
Attached Thumbnails
green egg built in-p1010033.jpg   green egg built in-p1010034.jpg   green egg built in-p1010036.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Ironpony, nice build!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Laborer

Question Re: green egg built in

What, eggs-actly is this about? And why?

Sorry, but I just don't understand what's been written here so far.

I'm intri-egg-ued...
Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Peasant

a green egg is a smoker oven that looks like a big green egg. it is insulated and porcelin coated, works very well. mine is a copy and brown in color
Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Laborer

Ah, I think I get it now.

"Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam I am"

Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Serf

I'm also looking to incorporate my BGE into a new outdoor kitchen, our mason had an interesting suggestion. We currently have one of the metal 'egg nests' and he suggested removing the wheels and the bottom of the nest and just setting the rest into the concrete. Not sure about it ... but it was interesting.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Apprentice

I am redesigning our pizza oven incorporating a big green egg and a tandoori oven, having to move it as I built it too near the house BEFORE it was completely built! Now I have to move the entire set up over 200 metres!

Been cooking in it for the past 2 years - the only real cooker in the house as we are doing a barn conversion in the UK - darn cold in winter....
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Apprentice

Here is the final layout, large green egg, 60,000 btu power burner, and 42" wood fired oven, storage drawers and roll out garbage, granite is on order!green egg built in-imag0577.jpg

green egg built in-imag0576.jpg

green egg built in-imag0570.jpg
Gulf likes this.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Apprentice

I too am building an OK with a WFO and a BGE. I have used my LBGE for about 5 years and never will go back to gas. In fact my new OK will have no accommodation for a gas grill.
My thought is to place the BGE in a corner similar to this pic. I wonder if I will hate it being in a corner?? Corners can be weird wasted space sometimes and so I think I'll roll with it.
Attached Thumbnails
green egg built in-7516927_orig.jpg