Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Master Builder

Default dusty O.D. kitchen progress

The weather has been warm and I've returned to the back yard to finish my outdoor kitchen. The oven enclosure will be made of used bricks and the counters of old pool table slate - stong but VERY heavy. I have started the enclosure, but want to repair my two big cracks before I go any further. I plan to cut into the cracks with a diamond blade on my angle grinder from the inside and outside. On the inside I plan to fill the cut groves with mortar squeezed out of my grout bag. I will fill the outside ones with furnace caulk and fire-brick wedges. I will let you all know how it works out.

Took some pictures of my sons welding the supports for my counters. Then of the counters on either side of the oven.

The last pic is of my enclosure walls being narrowed to make room for adaquate insulation. This was what Uno suggested I do back before I even started this project - I miss that guy.

Uno, you still out there?

dusty
Attached Thumbnails
dusty O.D. kitchen progress-enclosure-4-29-08-003.jpg   dusty O.D. kitchen progress-enclosure-4-29-08-002.jpg   dusty O.D. kitchen progress-enclosure-4-29-08-004.jpg   dusty O.D. kitchen progress-enclosure-4-29-08.jpg   dusty O.D. kitchen progress-enclosure-4-29-08-005.jpg  

Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: dusty O.D. kitchen progress

Beautiful work, Dusty. I love the pool table slate!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.