Old 11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Serf

Default Australian Outdoor Kitchen Designs

Hey everyone. Having recently purchased my first home, I have decided to construct my dream outdoor kitchen from scratch. Unfortunately outdoor kitchens havent really taken off in my part of OZ and therefore I have limited resources available to guide my design and installation. I know exactly what I want but I would like to hear of anyone elses experiences building their own and anything I should be wary of. Any step by step pics would be really useful (i wont steal your design i swear!!)

I am considering using 4x2 to construct the frame, covering in marine grade ply and then attaching backerboard. I will be installing stainless cupboards and drawers and finishing the front and sides in slate tiles. The counter top will be polished granite. I want to install a bar fridge, sink, 6 burner BBQ and side burner.

Any help from Aussies out there on where to purchase such things as cupboards, drawers and sinks would be greatly appreciated.