Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Master Builder

Default what should i do in seattle

Ive got one afternoon and one night.

what should i make sure i do or see?

thanks

Christo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: what should i do in seattle

Buy a flannel shirt and drink coffee?? It's a little late for the grunge bands I think. Seriously, it's been a few years , but going on top of the needle is pretty cool - the vista is awesome...

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Laborer

Christo,
I can only give you the "occasional tourist" view (I used to have to do the RDU to SEA trip a few times a year many years back when I lived in NC). Your mileage may differ...
  • Pike Street Market - an urbanized Farmer's Market on steroids
  • Tour of the Underground - a sub-city that existed next to the original Skid Row. And the tour starts in a bar (at least it use to)!
  • Skiing - you can take a day trip bus from one of the in-town ski shops. This was my first experience at West Coast skiing, and even the small resorts blow away anything on the East Coast.
  • Wine tour - not as extensive as what you will find in California, but fun just the same.
  • Take a ferry somewhere (if the weather is nice).
  • Oh, and the Space Needle, so you can say you did it.
Ed
Old 01-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Prob need to check out pikes market during the day. There are some wine bars around there that pour nice tasting flights of wine...
I liked the restaurant Wild Ginger...
Wild Ginger Asian Restaurant & Satay Bar - Downtown - Seattle, WA

Drake

Old 01-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Master Builder

Christo,

Unfortunately, the weather of late has been a bit on the dismal side; read that grew wet and blowy, still nothing one would swap for the stuff they are getting back east and south east. Still if you haven't seen EMP it's worth a look and SAM is most always worth a walk thru. Pike Place Market can get awfully chilly if it's blowing and raining.

If you have time for a sandwich or more I suggest Dahlia Bakery, see link, their bread is something I strive to emulate. Here's a link:

Tom Douglas - Dahlia Bakery

Can one assume Hard Rock Cafe opening? It's been in the news of late, long lines of wannabe employees.

Bests,
Wiley
Old 01-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Serf

This depends where you are staying and what kind of transportation you have, and what day of the week it is. There is the downtown tourist stuff: pike place market, pioneer square+underground tour, space needle+EMP+pacific science center. Farther afield is wine tasting (some at the market, more 20 miles away), the flight museum, natural history museum. Maybe an oven tour? i can think of 4-5 in the area.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

First priority IMO is Pike Street Market!
Jay
Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Master Builder

thanks for the help!

Did the Pike st market and saw fish being thrown. very fun. had a cofee at the first starbucks. lunch at Ivars. the chowder was great.

Wiley is correct there is a hard rock opening very soon. I walked through the site this morning with the engineers. It is going to be ridiculously cool.

Off to EMP now. And maybe a trip up the space needle.

Christo

Old 01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Apprentice

I've never been but I would try to hit Veraci Pizza. They have been written up many times and started out as a portable wood fired oven at farmers markets and have now opened a place.
I have had friends go and have said it is very good.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Master Builder

Hi All!!!

Seattle is a very nice city.

Traveled to the EMP in a pretty steady rain and arrived about 10 minutes to 5 and it was closed

Paid the 17 bucks and made a trip up the space needle. Even though it was cloudy I got some really cool pics.

I think I might even get to go back!

Thanks for all the advice!

Off to the Bahamas next week - anyone been there?

Christo
Attached Thumbnails
what should i do in seattle-img_2786.jpg   what should i do in seattle-img_2787.jpg   what should i do in seattle-img_2781.jpg   what should i do in seattle-img_2783.jpg   what should i do in seattle-img_2782.jpg