Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Travel

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Im heading bush, I wont have time to go outback again so Im going nearback.

What a great city I live in, there is a horse race, the Melbourne cup, that is run on the first Tuesday of November, so many ppl were taking sickies on the Monday that most businesses now close then too.

We finish work at 10.30 Friday morning so it means I have a 4 and a half day weekend coming up.

Im heading bush, I wont have time to go outback again so Im going nearback. , Im heading in the general direction of Broken Hill NSW.
Im taking a mate along for the trip this time too.

Pics to follow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Im heading bush, I wont have time to go outback again so Im going nearback.

Looking forward to more great photos of your downunder adventures.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:00 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Im heading bush, I wont have time to go outback again so Im going nearback.

Looking forward to your pictures also. Have fun!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 AM
Journeyman

Love Brokenhill and Silverton
Instant outback 1 short days drive away
Great pubs good architecture. lots of red dirt
Old 10-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Master Builder

Have a good trip Al. Keep one eye peeled for the jabawokkie. Look forward to the pics.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 10-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
Love Brokenhill and Silverton
Instant outback 1 short days drive away
Great pubs good architecture. lots of red dirt
Me too, all within a 8 or 9 hour drive from me.....

Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 AM
Journeyman

I spent a night talking philosophy(BS) with the owner of the Silverton pub till 3 or 4 in the morning one night.
He closed the doors and opened the bar it was a great night.
Went back to the camp site ran into some local Aboriginals around a camp fire spent the rest of the night talking philosophy (BS) drinking beers, it was excellent.

bad hang over was well worth it.
brickie in oz likes this.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Im heading via Adelaide to pick up my best mate Danny, an Aboriginal, itll be an interesting trip.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well that didnt go to plan.

I left Melbourne for Adelaide with a head cold but feeling ok.
I stopped over at some in-laws in Ararat on Friday arvo and left there at 4.30 am Saturday morning, I picked Danny up in Adelaide at around 10.30 am
and we headed off to Burra in South Australia.
We made camp mid afternoon on Saturday, by late arvo we started to get the fire ready, all the while Im getting crooker and crooker.
Im starting to get short of breath and am coughing more frequently.

A bottle of red or two and a good feed soon made me feel ok, Danny and I had some deep and meaning fulls around the camp fire, world peace will be breaking out anytime soon.
I coughed all night up till the point of dry reaching and hardly slept, neither did poor Dan.

Next morning after brekky I figured I had better see a doctor, we headed into Burra where they have a small hospital, the nurse checked me out but I had to wait for 3 hours before the doctor arrived.
The doctor told me I had a lung infection and gave me some antibiotics.

Time to head home, I dropped Danny off and he gave me a shower and a coffee which perked me up no end.
I drove out of Adelaide and found a spot to park and just collapsed into my camper trailer, I felt as if Id just been beaten up my ribs were that sore.
I was feeling so crook that I sent my gps co-ords to my wife just in case.

A round trip of 1900 km, but it was good to catch up with Danny again, we plan to head north together next April, we talked about making a doco.

Ive got a few pics, Ill post them soon.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Danny the fire maker, I asked him if he was going to show me how to rub two sticks together to light a fire, he gave me "one" of those looks and pulled a cigarette lighter out of his pocket instead.....lol

Tucker time.

Previous nights dishes and brekky...

The GIANT Koala, why did they bother?

Last edited by brickie in oz; 11-04-2013 at 07:31 PM.