Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Christmas Vacation?

It's that time of year.

What are you booking for Christmas vacation this year? Are you traveling, or staying home? Turkey in your brick oven?

We are traveling to see family, and hotels are starting to be harder to find. Still, we are already looking forward to our trip.

What is everybody up to?

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Christmas Vacation?

Staying home, going to give a big turkey his due on thanksgiving (in the WFO).

Christmas will be a day Porchetta (first attemp), also from the WFO. With Pizza early on both days (not going to waste the high heat). The turkey is for family - the pizzas will be mine. I'm hoping the Porchetta is so good I wishe I had not made the pizza...wish me luck

RT
Old 10-09-2007, 05:56 AM
Master Builder

Starting just before Thanksgiving the lights will start to go up. I added the Big tree last year, don't know what I will add this year.

A few weeks before Christmas will be a vacation trip to NYC to skate in Rockefeller Center (quite funny as I have very floppy ankles), catch a show, and maybe go to the David Letterman show.

Christmas dinner is usually a ham at home - but we may have to opt for the panchetta this year!!!

Christo
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas Vacation?-lights.jpg  

Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Apprentice

Luckily for me (well all of us) I married a local girl. Her parents are just 10 miles away. When it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas we dont move an inch. All the family comes over here because we have the youngest kids. Works out great, except for the massive mess that I have to clean up afterwards.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer
Old 10-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave and family will be at home this year.

Last year me, my wife, and our 6 children ran off to watch the Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium.... Gosh the family was mad. And so was I after I plunked down $1000 and my boys lost.

But it was still a great family trip.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 10-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

We stay at home and the kid's come to visit. My oven won't be done so my wife will be in the kitchen (not that i have a problem with that).

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas Vacation?-xmas.jpg  

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

"My oven won't be done so my wife will be in the kitchen"

it will be done!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 10-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave did you see my attached picture? That white stuff you see tends to inhibit construction.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

We'll head across town to my in-laws for Christmas morning. Biscuits, fried pork tenderloin, blackberry jam, eggs, sausage and way too many presents...

Later that week our family of 6 and extended family (brothers, sisters, nieces, parents, and a few friends) are doing a 5 day New Year's cruise in the western Caribbean. So far, 17 of us are going.

Updated!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Ken,
Your breakfast description reminds me of a cute Christmas skit the kids did at our daughters' school last year in Florence. The basic theme was that everybody had to sit down and eat a multiple course Italian lunch before the kids could open their presents. Hah. Eat your lasagna, then you can have Christmas. :-)
James