Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Apprentice

Default Chourico

Another simple one. Layer sliced chourico around some thinly sliced onions and garlic. Bakin in WFO. The onions will cook in the run off from the sausage.
Attached Thumbnails
Chourico-dsc00971.jpg  

-- Yogi Berra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Chourico

Please stop Joe, you are making me hunrgy...mussels, sausage, feta, posts about tuscany...stop!...

Old 01-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Again, looks great....don't worry about Drake :-)

....do you mean Chorizo, the spanish sausage?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

According to the ever accurate (note dripping sarcasm) Wiki, they are related but different. Chourico are Portuguese and are made with wine. Actually, the wine was the only real distinction I could find.

Chorizo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Apprentice

Yeah it's the Portugese version - available in every supermarket here in SE Massachusetts. If I want the good stuff I'll go to some of the Portugese butchers in Fall River or New Bedford - but the "Gaspars chourico" at Stop & Shop ain't half bad.

Even the local Dunkin' Donuts in this area offer it as one of the meats on their breakfast sandwiches.

-- Yogi Berra

Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Apprentice

Joe:

Since we are neighbors and are having the same type of weather. Have you been making all this great food this week? If so how did the WFO fair - I'm a bit scared to fire her up I don't want to have any cracks, and the neighbors might call the police because they think I'm cracked for cooking out side in 0 degree weather!!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT62 View Post
Yeah it's the Portugese version - available in every supermarket here in SE Massachusetts. If I want the good stuff I'll go to some of the Portugese butchers in Fall River or New Bedford - but the "Gaspars chourico" at Stop & Shop ain't half bad.

Even the local Dunkin' Donuts in this area offer it as one of the meats on their breakfast sandwiches.
These guys? http://www.gasparssausage.com/

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 01-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Apprentice

Yeah, that's them.

Quite good, although some of the home made stuff my patients have brought me is incredible.

There are also a few other local brands in the markets, but Gaspars is the most prevalent.

-- Yogi Berra

Old 01-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Apprentice

Chef:

Living in No Pro huh? I worked at Fatima for a short time.

Yeah I made those in the WFO - I did bring the fire up a little more slowly than usual due to the weather. No problems.

-- Yogi Berra

Old 01-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Apprentice

Chef -

I like the Red Dragon! Very nice job!

So do you make your own dough? We here in the RI/MA area are blessed with locally made fresh pizza dough (you should see the looks I got in Texas this summer at the mega mart when i asked them where the pizza dough was).

I have gotten dough from several Fed Hill restaurants (if you beg they will usually part with a ball or two) as well as Seven Stars Bakery on the East side. I also make my own from Caputo Tipo 00 which is occasionally available at Tony's on Federal Hill.

-- Yogi Berra